Beta Testing

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was reading IgnisSerpentus thread about beta testing, and it got me wondering.

Of course as I have no experience that one is no good for me. But for those of us who would be interested.

How do you get into beta testing products? It sounds like something I would be interested in doing, if you get the item free for your trouble.

Comments

• Ariella CandelariaAriella Candelaria Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

I don't have experience either but I am interested as well

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Send her a PM--she won't bite!

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Basically being in the right place at the right time. ;-) And also if you don't apply you won't be accepted! Reading Ignis thread, she supplies a list of things to test, so there is some guidance. Some vendors specifically look for a mix of experienced and not-so-experienced users so not having any experience is no excuse not to try. ;-)

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Oh Fairy Dreams forums os a post about beta testing http://www.faeriewylde.com/FW4/index.php?topic=1140.0 (need to be logged in to view it) - it will give you some insight into what you have to do as tester :) As a disclaimer, I do not test there, but find the post oitself very insightful

Monitor vendors FB sites, since there is also a lot, also Marketplaces, since they sometimes look for testers as well..

ReDave is right. If you will not ask you will not know and never get the experience ;)

Post edited by Gloomy007 on
  • IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,482
    edited December 1969

Well, you basically do what u did - wait and find someone looking for a tester and apply lol Or you can post a thread like this, saying you'd like to test, so that vendors who may be looking (but not posting) can contact you.

Yes, in my case, I prefer some nominal exper (tho I am always inclined to change my mind too, if I see potential) I also have documents on my forum that train new ppl (even tho u may have some exper, I have a certain way of doing things... it basically runs down every type of content youll encounter in testing, and how to handle each) But there are plenty of vendors out there that look for testers too, and may have their own ways of wanting the testing done.

And yeah, FB is another good way to find a testing job.

• SamCSamC Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

Sprinkles
    Sent you a PM.

Thanks
    Sam