Is Gen 4 on its way out?

1235»

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited April 2013

Speaking of older characters though, I went back through my Poser content and dug up some of the characters to compare alongside the Daz versions. They're kind of ugly aren't they? A lot of the time I see Poser being used it's almost exclusively the Generation 4 characters, and it's not hard to see why. Have Poser models improved much with the newer releases? The last one I owned was Poser Pro 2010.

:Hysterical laughter:

No. No they haven't. Only an extensive and expensive set of add-ons by BlackHearted at Rendo even makes Alyson and Ryan bearable, and these are the "cutting edge" weight-mapped figures.

If weight-mapped M4 ever gets finished by the guy who did WMV4, I wouldn't expect to see much use of the Poser figures other than by the usual diehards.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited April 2013

maybe I misunderstood the question... :)

You know... you COULD do a TriAx weight Mapped figure for say, Sixus1's ProjectHuman... as a community thing in DS...
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/21522/related/11/Poser/Project-Human-LoRes-Female

Post edited by wancow on
  • amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 139
    edited April 2013

wancow said:
    I have none of my old content save what I had posted on Turbosquid, so I can't compare what I had back then to what I have now. But I would love to see someone, anyone, do a "progression" render of their old figures along side their current ones... or more accurately, characters... it would have been cool, for instance, to be able to show my own Samantha from version 1 to version 7... :)

I would love to see it too.

I am still using Aiko 3, Victoria 4, and Aiko 4.

My custom morphed Aiko 4 and Genesis together.

Aiko4GenesisSisters.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 433K
    Post edited by amy_aimei on