Skin Builder Pro for Genesis 8

Zev0, please make your next project evolving Skin Builder for Genesis 8.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• I believe he does plan to, but in the mean time the current version will work on G8F using the G3F UV maps.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2017

You can use Skin Builder 3 for personal use on Genesis 8. The skins work fine. However, selling characters on Genesis 8 using SkinBuilder 3 is NOT permitted. I have already removed 9 products from stores that violated the MR agreement. However, if you release a character for sale that contains both a G3F and G8F version of the character in one package, where the G8F version will just use the G3 skins, then that is fine. But a G8F character for sale on it's own using Skin Builder 3 is NOT permitted. Just thought I would clarify on the selling aspect.

We will release the Genesis 8 version when it is ready. Our hands are tied at the moment on other projects. Genesis 8 has only been out about 2 months, still very early days. Right now the main focus is Fit Control and Aging Morphs for G8. Skin Builder G8F will be worked on as those projects are being finalized.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

Cool! Thanks for the info. I had thought about using skin builder 3 as a means to create custom skins for G8 to sell. Sure glad you told me this. I'll refrain from violating use rights. Again thanks for the info.

No rush on version 8. Glad to see it is on the horizon. Keep up the great work! Love your products. Really great tools :)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    Zev0 said:

You can use Skin Builder 3 for personal use on Genesis 8. The skins work fine. However, selling characters on Genesis 8 using SkinBuilder 3 is NOT permitted. I have already removed 9 products from stores that violated the MR agreement. However, if you release a character for sale that contains both a G3F and G8F version of the character in one package, where the G8F version will just use the G3 skins, then that is fine. But a G8F character for sale on it's own using Skin Builder 3 is NOT permitted. Just thought I would clarify on the selling aspect.

We will release the Genesis 8 version when it is ready. Our hands are tied at the moment on other projects. Genesis 8 has only been out about 2 months, still very early days. Right now the main focus is Fit Control and Aging Morphs for G8. Skin Builder G8F will be worked on as those projects are being finalized.

So, all someone has to do to produce a product for G8F with skins from the Skin Builder product is also offer the same or similar morph for the G3F WITH that G8F character  and then explain the texture map is for the G3F BUT also use the it for the G8F figure as they use the same maps?

The law is truly a dizzying creature. :)

I do VERY much look forward to the advancements you will be making for the new sets. Out of curiousity, if a texture map is made for G8F with the new set, can it be sold for use for a G3F character?

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited September 2017

How do you appy the Skin Builder scripts to gen 8? When I select V8 and try to run Skin Builder 3, I get a popup that saya a gen 3 character was not selected.

UPDATE:  Ah, never mind....save as material....apply to G8.

Post edited by Kevin Rye on
  • Is it still in the works? :)

• I work with Genesis 3 models and I would buy the Skin Builder 3 if there was also the male equivalent, just being able to chagne the female isn't enough for me.

Looks great though.

• Skin Builder for Genesis 8 Female has been out for a few months.

• Any suggestions on how to make the scalera more white when using Skin Builder 8?

• Any suggestions on how to make the scalera more white when using Skin Builder 8?

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Skin Builder messes with that particular surface. When I have this issue, I either first try to make adjustments to the surface(s) settings for the sclera if possible, or I use a different character's sclera texture. I've seen a number of screwups on the eye textures surfaces for characters that had me puzzled for the longest time until I discovered in some cases that textures such as for the iris were incorrectly placed on the cornea, and/or they had something incorrectly set on the Eye Moisture surface causing the eyes to render darker than they should with little to no reflections. You'll also sometimes find a similar issue with the teeth where for some odd reason the surface is given a refractive index weight > 0 by default and the teeth surfaces don't render correctly.

• thank you