Luxus Pro Training Video Series [COMMERCIAL]

2»

Comments

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

LOL @ Szark, Oh you are too kind, Sir, just too kind.

~Bluebird

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

For render settings:
    Did you try "file -> save as -> render settings preset"? (inside daz studio)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

LOL @ Szark, Oh you are too kind, Sir, just too kind.

~Bluebird

I know ;) :)
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Hiya Bluebird - I just finished all your videos and what a treat!! Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to create all these wonderful videos. I loved being able to follow along with all the steps, and I also loved all the information you gave for all your steps. I took notes and now have some great instructional step-by-step written instructions. After all, you tend to forget the little nitty details after a while and these steps will come in so handy. I'm terrible at lighting but you opened up this field greatly for me. Especially the part about UberEnvironment and Area Lights.

So - again (and without being too gushy) thank you, and I can heartily recommend your Luxus video series!

• GrattersGratters Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Gratters said:
    Thanks for the responses. Downloading now.

You're welcome! Let me know how it goes for you. :)

~Bluebird

I have watched them all and I would say that I am very disappointed that you don't do the math! :p

No, seriously, very clear and helpful. Thanks for the trouble you went into making these. I do tutes for my classes (maths) and know how long they take to edit.

edited December 1969

Oh so that means Gratters can do the math and show us the dark magic of math. :)

• GrattersGratters Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'd hate to damage you with my differential equations and trigonometric ratios :cheese:

edited December 1969

I can take it..I am tuff. :)

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited March 2013

SikSavant said:
    Once I got into trying Luxus, I was extremely disappointed that I could find no way to save Render Settings for a scene...This theme seems to continue into the Lights as well...

... You can save a Luxus light preset in Studio the same way you've always been able to save it. Select the light > File > Save As > Light(s) Preset. You can also save a material preset in a similar way: Select the surface > File > Material(s) Preset.

Thank you, I was wondering this but figured I'd figure it out eventually. In the meantime I was using the redoing of the settings as a way to get them down pat. I find *not* automating things too much when I'm learning helps as repeating is an important part of embedding things in our memory. :)

...before I can use it as a legitimate tool for image production.

For image 'production' you might want to consider Octane. It offers much faster renders and other advantages for production work but is much more costly. For me, Lux gives me a tool I can do Octane (and other high end Render engine) quality work without the expense those require, Octane being the least expensive of them. A Corvette is not a Ferrari, but it's still a nice car :)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • SikSavantSikSavant Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I hear ya friend. My current lux bridge is Realty, and while I am deeply saddened to see 3.0 come to Poser first after all the support this community has given, Reality is still a vastly superior (and older) tool. I really like having both in my toolbox, and where Reality is highly user/artist friendly it doesn't open up all the features of Lux that are available. Luxus opens up all the bells and whistles of LuxRender but at the cost of usability. As I mentioned earlier, it is also a younger tool. So in summary I gravitate quickly towards tools that let me focus on my art, and not tools that catch me up in all the exposed gears. A blessing upon both houses, however. :D

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Reality 3 is also coming for Studio

• SikSavantSikSavant Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Indeed, sir, you are correct. That is why I said it was coming to Poser first instead of this community. However, last I heard the Studio version was due no sooner than August and considering the Poser version did not make its original release date, does that mean Realty 3 for Studio might now have slipped to the October/December window? Just speculation here, I have no insider info whatsoever, lol.

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Hiya Bluebird - I just finished all your videos and what a treat!! Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to create all these wonderful videos. I loved being able to follow along with all the steps, and I also loved all the information you gave for all your steps. I took notes and now have some great instructional step-by-step written instructions. After all, you tend to forget the little nitty details after a while and these steps will come in so handy. I'm terrible at lighting but you opened up this field greatly for me. Especially the part about UberEnvironment and Area Lights.

So - again (and without being too gushy) thank you, and I can heartily recommend your Luxus video series!

I am really glad you enjoyed the series and found it helpful!

~Bluebird

edited December 1969

Gratters said:
    Gratters said:
    Thanks for the responses. Downloading now.

You're welcome! Let me know how it goes for you. :)

~Bluebird

I have watched them all and I would say that I am very disappointed that you don't do the math! :p

No, seriously, very clear and helpful. Thanks for the trouble you went into making these. I do tutes for my classes (maths) and know how long they take to edit.

LOL! Yeah maybe in the future we can trade skills then. I understand enough math to keep me out of trouble with my bank and with the IRS. The rest is just ... >_> Too many moving numbers.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback on the videos!

~Bluebird

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

SikSavant said:
    Indeed, sir, you are correct. That is why I said it was coming to Poser first instead of this community. However, last I heard the Studio version was due no sooner than August and considering the Poser version did not make its original release date, does that mean Realty 3 for Studio might now have slipped to the October/December window? Just speculation here, I have no insider info whatsoever, lol.

Could be.. I am ok with 2 meets my needs

• borgtrekkerborgtrekker Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Please forgive me if this question sounds strange but I am a newbie and have no idea where to install this training software... Is it supposed to be a part of DAZ or do I just install it on my computer as a normal program install? I have read through this entire thread but see no mention of it. the other reason I ask is it defaults to DAZ even though the info on the purchase page says it's No to Compatible Software... I sooo confused!!

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Given these are only video files I would say install them where you want.

Being a Daz Studio content installer it will default to a Daz Studio content folder (info from the registry I believe) but if you "Customise" the install you can point it where you want then to be installed to. The choice is yours.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited April 2013

A couple of quick links people might be interested in. They refer to VRay & 3DMax but the ideas presented are actually pretty universal and somewhat relevant to this thread:

HDR Rendering
    Gamma 2.2
    Color Mapping (Linear, Reinhard, etc..)
    Random vs Deterministic Sampling
    Indirect Illumination

(Forum logged me out in the middle of posting and messed up the post...)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Bluebird, I love your video training series. I wish you had done the real beginners videos. You explain things so much better. Especially about lighting. Even just Studio 3DLight lighting. I've learned more from you just watching these videos about lighting.

I did have a couple of questions for you though. How big are you making your test renders? I don't think you ever specified, and I didn't see the size on your render settings tab (of course, I wasn't really looking, and my screen is on the small side, so I may have just missed it.) Are you going to add anything more to this series, or is it going to be another purchase. The last video (#17) actually ended in mid sentence, and you never showed the credits page like you said you would. Am I missing something, or should I redownload the series again.

Thank you
    Your friend
    Oracle