Duplicate IDs found while loading?

edited December 1969 in New Users

Huh? What does this mean??

It said to check the log file and I did and I don't understand any of what it is saying there. Duplicate ids for my shoes, my stockings, errors on the clothes and hair.

I probably shouldn't worry cause the scene still loaded, right? I can't help but worry with the myriad of problems that I deal with on a regular basis. I don't know what any of them are, mean, etc but I guess I have to start asking sometime. Last night my renderer stopped working on me completely. Luckily I had saved my scene before the recent changes and could revert back to that & it "fixed" the problem I created in my scene but it made me realize all of these little errors that I know nothing about but are still allowing things to go through are likely wreaking havoc on something somewhere & who knows, maybe my work would come out looking even better without them.

Thanks for reading & any info/help is appreciate.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Okay First Dup ID's are just warnings that CAN BE ignored. Second they can be caused by older item files that have not been updated. They worked fine in the older versions of DS but 4.5.1.56 fixed it so the errors now show. Any item that causes at ID error needs to be Uninstalled and then Reset, Downloaded and Installed again. The Updated files MIGHT have different folder paths. That is why you need to Uninstall first.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

Lady Bree said:
    Huh? What does this mean??

It said to check the log file and I did and I don't understand any of what it is saying there. Duplicate ids for my shoes, my stockings, errors on the clothes and hair.

I probably shouldn't worry cause the scene still loaded, right? I can't help but worry with the myriad of problems that I deal with on a regular basis. I don't know what any of them are, mean, etc but I guess I have to start asking sometime. Last night my renderer stopped working on me completely. Luckily I had saved my scene before the recent changes and could revert back to that & it "fixed" the problem I created in my scene but it made me realize all of these little errors that I know nothing about but are still allowing things to go through are likely wreaking havoc on something somewhere & who knows, maybe my work would come out looking even better without them.

Thanks for reading & any info/help is appreciate.

To save Jaderail having to go through it all again (as I fear I may already have exhausted his patience on this issue), here is a thread you should check out

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17950/

• edited December 1969

Thank you both so much for the responses. That sounds like a simple fix. And, I will check out that post, Sertorial. =)