How do I create multiple UV's for one morphing object?

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi,

I've added a "Super Logo" to my SimpleSuit and it works as expected. I created a couple of morphs for it and this is where I need help. The default shape is like the Superman shield but the morphs are oval and round so in order to correct stretching of logos that the end user would make themselves it would be nice to create multiple UV options for it so these shapes will be UV mapped more correctly.

Hope someone can fill me on on how to do this. I looked around the Wiki and the docs for UV Mapping don't include how to set up multi UV's.

Thanks

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

It's very simple, just a few steps in DS...

First you need to create the alternate UV set in your modelling or mapping app... then save out the remapped mesh as a new .obj file with the name you want to use for the UV set...

Now in DS, load your SimpleSuit and select it in the Surfaces Pane...

Next, click on the Options Menu in the Surfaces Pane and select "Load UV Set..."

Navigate to were you saved your new .obj file and select it... click Open... then give it the name that you want to appear in the Surfaces Pane...

You should now see it listed in the Surfaces Pane in the UV Set drop-down box...

Now you want to save it... Go to File > Save As > Support Asset > UV Asset(s)

Use the Product name of your SimpleSuit and then check the box for your new UV set and click Accept...

That's it... :cheese:

If you make more than one UV set, you can load them all before saving, then when you save, just check the boxes for all the ones you want to keep...

Hope this helps...

nicci... :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

Your so fabulous. Thanks so much! :kiss:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

Got it done. Thanks again for your help!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6841/P135/#286120

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

Glad I could help... :-)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hi...

It's very simple, just a few steps in DS...

First you need to create the alternate UV set in your modelling or mapping app... then save out the remapped mesh as a new .obj file with the name you want to use for the UV set...

Now in DS, load your SimpleSuit and select it in the Surfaces Pane...

Next, click on the Options Menu in the Surfaces Pane and select "Load UV Set..."

Navigate to were you saved your new .obj file and select it... click Open... then give it the name that you want to appear in the Surfaces Pane...

You should now see it listed in the Surfaces Pane in the UV Set drop-down box...

Now you want to save it... Go to File > Save As > Support Asset > UV Asset(s)

Use the Product name of your SimpleSuit and then check the box for your new UV set and click Accept...

That's it... :cheese:

If you make more than one UV set, you can load them all before saving, then when you save, just check the boxes for all the ones you want to keep...

Hope this helps...

I thank you too ... it's on my list of things to do one of these days.