Carerra mistaken for DAZ product and Stefan for M4 help needed

SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
edited December 1969 in New Users

I bought http://www.daz3d.com/crista-hair thinking it would work with DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 as it said it works for Michael/Victoria, etc. Obviously I was wrong! I can't afford Carerra right now. Where can I find a product for DAZ, like wigs, etc. Am especially interested in longer men's hair for ancient scenes.

Also, I purchased Stefan for M4 and Genesis but when I try to open him I get a message that the below info is missing. So what is missing?

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Michael 4/FBMMichael4.dsf

It's probably me.... where can I get hair and how to I fix Stefan?

Cheers, Silene

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

For the first part look in this section of the store http://www.daz3d.com/hair and check the Compatable With section before you purchase items.
    For the second part you need this item http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

EDIT: If you purchased the Carrara Hair within the last 30 days send a Support ticket with the Info (purchase number) and you can get a refund for that item.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

Thank you I just got it two days ago....the hair, so will do as you suggest. I didn't realise that the different Models were not compatible with the site's software across the board! Much appreciated. :) Silene

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ah... Just remember that Daz3D sells Carrara, Daz Studio (when not Free) and Bryce (when not free) so they carry items for all three programs and Poser as well. The good thing is most Poser items work in Daz Studio so it's not a issue to buy those items.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes you really do have to look here whenever you buy anything from the store

software_compatibility.jpg
    836 x 231 - 69K
    edited December 1969

Yes, but I fell into the newbie trap that Jaderail mentioned...it's all on the DAZ site for the Pro 4.5 and the same models are mentioned! You'd think Carerra would use different model names????

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2013

No It's in the DAZ 3D Store, which sells content for Daz Studio 4.5, and also for Bryce and Carrara and Poser.

Bryce and Carrara can use exactly the same models as DS and Poser. So the hair in question will fit exactly the same models as you can use in DS 4.5, but it uses features which only exist in Carrara.

You will also find that some clothing models are program specific, even though they are made for the same range of figures. For example if you come across Dynamic clothing for M4, V4 etc then you need to check that it can be used in DS before you buy, because Poser dynamic clothing will only work in Poser.

So it really is necessary to check the software compatibility for each item you purchase.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Chohole, I've been warned!!! All help has been most appreciated. :) Silene

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    I bought http://www.daz3d.com/crista-hair thinking it would work with DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 as it said it works for Michael/Victoria, etc. Obviously I was wrong! I can't afford Carerra right now. Where can I find a product for DAZ, like wigs, etc. Am especially interested in longer men's hair for ancient scenes.

Also, I purchased Stefan for M4 and Genesis but when I try to open him I get a message that the below info is missing. So what is missing?

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Michael 4/FBMMichael4.dsf

It's probably me.... where can I get hair and how to I fix Stefan?

Cheers, Silene

For Stefan, if you want to use him on Genesis and don't yet own the V4 and M4 Shapes that Jaderail mentioned, what you'll want to do is:

1. Load Genesis Basic Male
    2. Load Stefan's skin texture (you can find the various options in Smart Content: Materials>Masculine>Stefan for M4, or in the Content Library within Poser Formats: Pose>Phoenix1966>Stefan.
    3. Go to the Shaping tab (or the Parameters tab) and dial Stefan Head to 1.00.

Without the M4 shape he won't look exactly as intended, but he's still very usable when applied to Genesis Basic Male. Stefan is one of the first characters I bought from the store (I didn't own the M4 shape at the time) and he's still one of my favorites.