Will Daz Studio ever incorporate a Muscle System?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

This has been the only thing holding me back from jumping in with both feet into the Daz market, I really want realistic musculature and proper looking joints, will this ever be considered?

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Donno if these will help, but posting jic: Body Morphs, Muscularity, and Genesis Alive to bring it together.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Ideally Daz models are already acceptable in terms of anatomical correctness. Most body parts are scaled properly, and most joints are as expected. Where things can get messy is with the bending, but the weight mapping should have solved most or even all of that. The elbow joint of the Genesis figure looks odd sometimes, depending on the amount of musculature in the morph. I think it is the plan to accommodate huge arms that has led to this issue. Characters with thinner arms look odd at the bend. But with a weight mapping fix I'm sure that too can be ironed out.

There are a lot of people who say the Daz models are low in quality but I dont see much better going on in most cases, especially with poser. I know that there are people who can rig and construct human model on their own from scratch in certain applications. But just because the model is self made doesnt make it anatomically correct. Unless one studies anatomy in detail, it will be difficult to build a model yourself that is more accurate than Daz models.

There are a set of Flexion morphs, which simulate the look of moving muscle under the skin. But it isnt the same as having full musculature as you may be wanting. Daz models are still static, in that there are no wave or fluidity simulations for true living tissue behavior. So there is still a ways for Daz models to go.

I think that for most tasks, Daz models are the best way to go. My two cents.

• edited December 1969

I think the genesis figures are a step in the right direction, but they still have the same problems with joints deforming and generic features. Genesis looks fantastic in the default position but posed looks awkward, the mesh doesn't hold up to the physics of a human body, which is were a muscle system would help a lot. How much more can you simulate bending joints with morphs and end up with nearly the same results?

I'd love to see daz develop a muscle system, they have everything else but that. I remember when simulated cloth and hair were wishful thinking, but here we are.

I appreciate the answers, bottom line for me is I need the figures to be more realistic to invest my time and money into, I know genesis is the best they have, a muscle system would make it better.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Muscle Morphs and turning Flexons on in Posing is much better than anything we had before Genesis.

• edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The Muscle Morphs and turning Flexons on in Posing is much better than anything we had before Genesis.

No argument there.