Freebie: How to create a V4 clone (and transfer other figures) for G8F (now with video!)

13»

Comments

  • The clone slider is not there to shape the figure, it just provides shape/pose information for the conversion process. As you found the rigging has not been adjusted to cope with the different shape.

    I take it that going back into the "hamburger" menu and turning back on hide hidden items would be good for me to until, the next time I find a need to use those hidden dials.

    btw, do I need to retain the two geometries(clones) created in this process? Is the G8f calling back on information from them, or did that information get transferred to the g8f model somewhere else in my file stuctures?

  • wscottart said:

    The clone slider is not there to shape the figure, it just provides shape/pose information for the conversion process. As you found the rigging has not been adjusted to cope with the different shape.

    I take it that going back into the "hamburger" menu and turning back on hide hidden items would be good for me to until, the next time I find a need to use those hidden dials.

    Yes, there are several areas where having Show Hidden proeprties on can cause confusion (not to mention that it swamps figures with a vast array of nigh unreadable sliders) - for example, DS auto-hides light properties depending on whether the renderer is Iray or 3Delight, having everything visible can and has confused people when they use a proeprty that does nothing in the current engine.

    wscottart said:

    btw, do I need to retain the two geometries(clones) created in this process? Is the G8f calling back on information from them, or did that information get transferred to the g8f model somewhere else in my file stuctures?

    I may be misunderstanding, but once an items (clothing or morph) is converted it doesn't retain any knowledge of its previous state, so the clone shape/pose would not be needed to use it.

  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,725

    Toward the top of page 1 under where the pdf is posted, you say this:

    And some results... J-Suit and Gothic Mistress for V4. As expected, there's some severe V-tearing on the dress.edit:
    Upon further reflection, there's also less cling-wrap along the chest area with the dress. This is due to G8F's Genesis clone having a flat chest."

    By 'V tearing' do you mean the front of the skirt where all those jagged areas are?  How did you fix that?  I didn't see anything, you went into the cling wrap on the breasts. Did the 'V tearing' issue get solved?

    Thanks.

  • FPFP Posts: 44

    So how would you transfer a morph from V4 to Genesis to Genesis 8?

  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,489
    edited February 2019
    FP said:

    So how would you transfer a morph from V4 to Genesis to Genesis 8?

    In theory, one sets the G1 or G8 figure's V4 clone to 100%, fits it to the V4 figure, and dials up the morph.  Hide all meshes in the scene except the morph-recipient figure (at Base Resolution, SubD Level 0), and export that mesh as your new FBM.

    Results, however, may vary.

    Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • ViallyVially Posts: 272

    Just kind of want to pipe in here and say this works on just about ANY model you can get V4 to form with G3F... so if it will go onto G3F it can get to G8, and that is actually a misnomenere (sp) because it does NOT have to be V4 or made for V4 to start with... It just has to be able to be fit to G3F (or M)

    Check the image on "clones" that come straight out of the box on G8F... see the part where it says G2 Male, G3 Male and G8 Male... Stay with me, works EXACTLY THE SAME! laughcheeky

    So now the Freak can be moved to a G3F, and then to G8F, can't you just see him in that slinky new outfit you just got G8F.

    Bottom line ANY character that is G3F or G3M compatible, can be moved to G8F (or M) following these steps.

    Clones.png
    441 x 408 - 28K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 3,924
    mtl1 said:
     

    There's also another easy way to transfer the G8F shape to Genesis 3/2/1, which I can post if enough people are interested.

    Any chance of posting the G8F shape to Genesis 3/2/1 ?

  • 3. Select Genesis 8 Female. Under the Parameters Tab, enter Hidden/Clones.
    4. Enter the properties of the newly created clone morph, then change the Type to Modifier/Clone.

     Really sorry to bother you but when I reach step 4 the only Types that show up on the drop-down menu are "none" and "Modifier/Shape".  Am I doing something wrong?

  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,416

    After a really long hiatus, I'm thinking that I'm back.

    Since I haven't been answering messages for a while, I'll try to answer new questions as they come in (because I don't get notifications).

    I'll post a new tutorial soon for boots soon :)

  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,173
    edited July 8

    Great tutorial but one problem I do not get the Modifier/Clone option under Type in the parameter settings of the morph only Modifier/Shape.. Worked it out closing and opening Daz fixed the issue somehow..

    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,489
    Ghosty12 said:

    Great tutorial but one problem I do not get the Modifier/Clone option under Type in the parameter settings of the morph only Modifier/Shape.. Worked it out closing and opening Daz fixed the issue somehow..

    It's a quirk requiring you to open the program under the right conditions:  for reasons unknown, that part has to talk to Daz3D online as you open the program for it to work at all.

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 6,734
    Ghosty12 said:

    Great tutorial but one problem I do not get the Modifier/Clone option under Type in the parameter settings of the morph only Modifier/Shape.. Worked it out closing and opening Daz fixed the issue somehow..

    It's a quirk requiring you to open the program under the right conditions:  for reasons unknown, that part has to talk to Daz3D online as you open the program for it to work at all.

    You don't need to be online at all, I'm never online in DS and can see that option.

Sign In or Register to comment.