The Citadel - what does it come with and how are mentioned props used

I was loooking at the Fast Grab -  https://www.daz3d.com/the-citadel

Looking at the below features  I'm not seeing what I am reading. I see bench, holoscreen...but the half bed, door, contol panel are WHERE?

Also, where are they applied or used.  I would appreciate to read more information.   Maybe if someone who has bought it - shared a better description.

What's Included and Features

• The Citadel: (.DUF)
  • Full Scenes:
    • Iray and 3Delight Versions
    • Citadel Empty
    • Citadel Full
  • Props:
    • Bench
    • Centre Seat
    • Control Panel
    • Door
    • Floor Light
    • Half Bed
    • HoloScreen
  • Materials:
    • Bench
    • Centre Seat
    • Control Panel
    • Door
    • Floor Light
    • Half Bed
    • HoloScreen
  • Textures Include:
    • 36 Texture, Bump, Specular, Emissive, Transparency Maps (2048 x 2048 to 4096 x 4096)
  • Daz Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF)
  • Daz Studio 3Delight Material Presets (.DUF)

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I don't have this but it looks like the door is behind the steps the guy is sitting on. I think the control panel is in the second picture in front of the windows, with the blue outline. Can't help on the half bed

• lenwilderlenwilder Posts: 188
    edited August 2017

I don't have this but it looks like the door is behind the steps the guy is sitting on. I think the control panel is in the second picture in front of the windows, with the blue outline. Can't help on the half bed

I am wondering what a bed has to do with this type of content.  Also, I see in one image a door at end of one of the section.  Is that the door or are ther doors behind in the back wall like in the Sci-Fi Bastion content pack by the same artist/developer. I am not complaining, just trying to figure out how to use this content. 

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-bastion

Post edited by lenwilder on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited August 2017

Yes, it's a flower bed.

It's half of what the tree is planted in.

CaptureCITADEL.jpg
    889 x 666 - 453K
    Post edited by Griffin Avid on

The only bed I really see is the plant bed the tree is in.... but you could contact the vendor he is usually very helpful. He has an ongoing thread in the commercial section I believe.  Let me see if I can track it down for you.

avxp said:

Yes, it's a flower bed.

This crazy... half bed is a planter box... LOL

Can't find it at the moment, (i'm at work so probably not my best search) but if you contact Kindred Arts I am sure he will get back to you, he is generally super good about stuff like that.

edited August 2017

I probably should have asked how to use this content and waited for replys from some users.   I can't seem to get a fix on how to use it. 

People, looking out the window, people sitting on bleachers looking out the window,  people admiring the huge glass panoramic view... etc. 

I really would appreciate to read some of the usage of this.

I am now thnking maybe use as airport terminal.  Build me some check in kiosks for luggage and ticket processing and place along the glass. 

I am not certain if the charater in the sale image is sitting on a bleacher or stairs.  Stairs is not a good thing for airports --- too many accidents with clumsy people. 

Maybe leaving open on end and using a 2d background would work fine for long terminal appearance.

Anyway...just projecting some thoughts.  IMO, I suspect the Sci-Fi Bastion is better thought out content.  I like the things you can do with the floor and back wall door entrances.

avxp said:

Yes, it's a flower bed.

ha, nice to know I was right lol.  Honestly, Kindred Arts is one of my favorite vendors, and this is on of the few items I don't have yet, although its on the wishlist.  And there is absolutely nothing wrong with kit bashing, most of us do it frequently lol.  I've been know to buy a set for a few specific items in it so it all depends on what you are looking for.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

The first question is 'What do you do?'

If you just do dramatic still life(s) or static poses- and wonderful renders, then you need to look at the promo images and see if that space makes sense to you- visually..

This, to me, is a "part of a whole" type set and I see it as the foyer to a massive ...citadel...main base...headquarters, if you will.

I have this lovely piece, so what would I use as the inside?

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-square

This looks great, but I'd be hard pressed to believe it was the same building with those massive windows....

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-bastion

I kinda think the two play well together. I think someone could go from one to the other in a walking conversation.....

The Citadel is also fairly modular where I can mess with the individual pieces.....make it an outdoor pavilion or staging area.

Depending on your camera work, it could actually be outside (not fully, just partially open) since the sections can be separated.

You can also kit bash and throw all manner of objects in there, hell make it an engine room.

Pretty much endless- depending on how much work you want to put in....

Attractiveness went to the bastion as the glass/gloss and outdoors/outer space potential made that a winner when I had to choose between these two.

edited August 2017

AVXP

I appreciate your responses.  At least I know now what a half bed is.  I agree the Sci-Fi Bastion looks like a better option for Sci-Fi

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,236

Hi!

Sorry, i should have been here earlier, but i haven't been shadowing the forums enough lately. Luckily Avxp and Dragon have been spreading the gospel for me (Thanks guys!), so hopefully you've made your mind up either way. The intent with Bastion and the Citadel was pretty much spaceport/industrial areas with a modular approach. I did focus quite intently on the panoramic views, and the ability to have an interesting foreground to huge exterior vistas. The segments and props are modular on both sets and the materials are consistent enough to share the same "universe" so to speak. Again, sorry for the late reply, i'm always available via PM if you need me. Cheers!

KA.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

It's always worth remembering that English isn't the native language for a lot of the forum participants. Even those who consider English their native language speak a variety of dialects with various idiomatic phases and usage within those dialects.

lenwilder said:

AVXP

I appreciate your responses.  At least I know now what a half bed is.  I agree the Sci-Fi Bastion looks like a better option for Sci-Fi