Shape saving for V4?

Hi, I'm trying to save a V4 figure I spent some time morphing and tweaking and want to save the save to use on a new V4 vanillia model that I have injected bending morphs into - so to simplify, load a new V4 and merge pre-crafted shape. I have tried save as a shape preset but when I try to merge it onto vanilla Vicky it does nothing.

Thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114
    edited December 1969

Were you using standard morphs or new morphs you had created by directly deforming the mesh, in DS or in a modelling application?

• edited December 1969

Morphs I bought, like glute and leg bend fixing morphs. Nothing I made, but morphs made specifically for Daz V4.

edited March 2013

No, that suggestion was bad - I just checked and it looks as if the V4 morphs all load set to Shapes so a Shaping Preset should work, unless the morphs you are using are not being set correctly for some reason - go to the Parameters pane, click Used, then click the little gear on the slider and select Parameter Settings from the menu - does it say Modifier/Shape for Type?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited December 1969

No, it just says Modifier/Shape and in the used has EMPTY next to sliders.

Maybe I'm loading the saved Duf file wrong. I've tried dragging the saved Duf file onto the figure and also loading via the Merge option.

edited December 1969

Try using the File>Save as>Deprecated>Pose preset, or Character preset (includes materials), and see if they work.