Daz to Whatever

EBF2003EBF2003 Posts: 28
edited August 2017 in The Commons

Not sure if it is ok to post this here,but I have been in touch with Marcelo Luis Bruno

And in his email to me today.

Yes, this week I'll release DazToMaya and soon DazToMax and DazToC4D will come :)

Thanks,

Marcelo L. Bruno

(Link removed.  Off-site commercial is not allowed. ~Mod)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,692

Thanks!

Do you know if he has any plans for a DAZ to Blender?? That would be huge, since thare are probably more Blender than Maya users here.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Daz to Blender would be fantastic :)

Laurie

• drzapdrzap Posts: 795

I suggested to him that Daz to Blender would be the best plugin for Daz users.  He isn't very familiar with Blender, but he agreed.  I think he will do it eventually.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

As a 3DSMax user, I honestly can't see the need since setting up materials for a render in max is a nightmare. I guess it would be beneficial for animations though. From my own personal experiences and playing devils advocate I can't help but think of all the nefarious purposes this kind of thing will open up for DAZ content.

• pdspds Posts: 593

I like working in Maya and jumping between Maya and Mudbox for texturing, but I'm not a fan of setting up materials in Maya, so I end up using OBJ exports to move between Daz and Maya. What would be the main benefit of a Daz-to-Maya plugin?

• drzapdrzap Posts: 795
    pds said:

I like working in Maya and jumping between Maya and Mudbox for texturing, but I'm not a fan of setting up materials in Maya, so I end up using OBJ exports to move between Daz and Maya. What would be the main benefit of a Daz-to-Maya plugin?

There are no materials to setup.   The plugin converts them for you.  Your Daz figure will be a normal Maya HumanIK rig.  If you are an animator, this is invaluable because now you can take Victoria anywhere in the 3D world.  Arnold shaders, so full compatible with PBR.  It seems there is an option to convert the materials to Vray too. I haven't confirmed it because I don't have Vray.

• pdspds Posts: 593
    drzap said:
    pds said:

There are no materials to setup.   The plugin converts them for you.  Your Daz figure will be a normal Maya HumanIK rig.  If you are an animator, this is invaluable because now you can take Victoria anywhere in the 3D world.  Arnold shaders, so full compatible with PBR.  It seems there is an option to convert the materials to Vray too. I haven't confirmed it because I don't have Vray.

That sounds interesting, though so far I've been going in the opposite direction (Maya to Daz), so the stuff I've created in Maya can be used in my "Daz universe".

• I'd ask them about Houdini support but their contact us page appears to not list any email address.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885

does DAZ actually want to sell 3D models and assets to users of other software than DAZ studio?

Autodesk and the like actually provde offsite links to complimentry plugins

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,770

"Daz to Blender would be fantastic :)

Laurie"

There is an option to export genesis figures to blender rigs
    Not sure how "user friendly" it is however so YMMV

http://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/export-character-from-daz-to-blender.html