texture problem

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

In the following picture I've loaded Michael 4 and changed its skin material to that of stone/plaster as to give it the appearance of a petrified statue; I added to the figure a Roman Tunic and again changed its texture material to the same stone/plaster appearance.

For some reasons I don't understand the new texture which shows perfectly on Michael4 body , doesn't appear on the tunic which keeps
its original color of gold! For info I'm using DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.

Anyone can explain and help me solve this problem. Thanks in advance

corpse_and_tunic.jpg
2000 x 1125 - 757K

Comments

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did you use a shader preset or did you just load the texture into the diffuse channel of the surfaces tab?

You might want to go into the surfaces tab (with the tunic selected) and check the surface to see if there are any colours in the diffuse specular and reflection channels (other than white or 255/255/255).

• edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Did you use a shader preset or did you just load the texture into the diffuse channel of the surfaces tab?

You might want to go into the surfaces tab (with the tunic selected) and check the surface to see if there are any colours in the diffuse specular and reflection channels (other than white or 255/255/255).

I just loaded the texture in the diffuse channel and reset all the other parameters of the surfaces to their default values; the only one used apart from Diffuse are bump and tiling with their respective textures which are all in the same color as the diffuse one

edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot of the surface settings?

• edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Can you post a screenshot of the surface settings?

Sorry to answer late here are the different settings

2013-03-22_19h11_10.png
    833 x 912 - 742K
    2013-03-22_19h15_20.png
    463 x 1058 - 202K
    2013-03-22_19h16_27.png
    417 x 575 - 37K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

To get the Same setting on the Tunic and the M4 open the M4 in surfaces and Copy the Diffuse Color (Right click and Copy) then open your Tunic in Surfaces and Paste the Diffuse color into the Tunic's Diffuse color.

EDIT: You also want your Map in the same Channels (places) on the Tunic as it is on the M4.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited March 2013

Jaderail said:
    To get the Same setting on the Tunic and the M4 open the M4 in surfaces and Copy the Diffuse Color (Right click and Copy) then open your Tunic in Surfaces and Paste the Diffuse color into the Tunic's Diffuse color.

EDIT: You also want your Map in the same Channels (places) on the Tunic as it is on the M4.

Hi Jaderail good evening;

Do you mean that the texture of the tunic and the one of M4 should be in the same folder? Actually they are I've just checked.

Post edited by jvdesuit1_582de7c548 on
    edited December 1969

No I mean your Surfaces settings for both items need to MATCH 100%. If M4 is the one you wish to copy then all the Surface Settings in the Tunic need to match it in every section of the Surface settings. Just compare them and set the Tunic to the same thing.

• edited March 2013

Jaderail said:
    No I mean your Surfaces settings for both items need to MATCH 100%. If M4 is the one you wish to copy then all the Surface Settings in the Tunic need to match it in every section of the Surface settings. Just compare them and set the Tunic to the same thing.

Ok well I thought too and I've just checked; apart from the eyelashes opacity of M4 wish I diminished to practically zero just to let the place of the orbits slightly visible everything else is the same and the files used are identical.

But the color problem remains the same unfortunately and cant understand why....

edited December 1969

They do not Match 100% or it would not be happening. Open the M4 in Surfaces and check every part for settings. Then do the same for the Tunic your going to find at least one thing in the tunic that does not match and that one (or more) thing is causing it to be different.

edited December 1969

Turn your specular strength to 100%. It actually works in reverse of how you expect it to.

• edited March 2013

BWSman said:
    Turn your specular strength to 100%. It actually works in reverse of how you expect it to.

I've just found! It's the color I use for the distant light to give a sunset effect which gives shadows of yellow in the tunic! When I put it to full white the problem disappears!I'll have to think it over, a pity I had found the right ambiance for the external set. I want to have a sunset effect in the scene creating shadows in the corridor where the corpse is found. I used the proposed settings given in the light basics tutorial of Dreamlight....grrrr!

EDit: Bye the way, what is the effect of putting Multiply specular through opacity to on or off?

edited December 1969

I'm not 100% sure; but I think that with it turned on; speculatiry is directly proportional to the opacity.

• edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    I'm not 100% sure; but I think that with it turned on; speculatiry is directly proportional to the opacity.

OK! Well I think I'll be able now to go through the animation process now that I've found how to make the crumble effect with After Effects! I presume this is going to be an other nightmare!lol!

• edited December 1969

Here are 2 views of the set and the corpse in the gallery. What do you of the lighting for a late sunset?

The_corpse.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 658K
    The_eve_of_tragedy.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 752K