Gen X Problems

Hello all,

First post! Wanted to start off by saying this community has been beyond helpful for a noob like myself. I'm hoping someone can lend a helping hand. My issue is with Gen X and wanting to transfer a full character to Gen X. The character is Aiko Toon 4. The problem I am having with Gen X is that when I save the morph in Gen X I have morph options but AIko's head does not change one bit. All I am trying to do is transfer the Aiko Toon character into Genesis. The head seems to be controlled by and injection morph. I read a previous tutorial in the forum and these are the steps I followed:

I loaded up my Aiko 4, loaded the Aiko 4 injection to change to a toon face, I added the Aiko Toon 4 skin.

I exported the figure as a CR2, closed Daz and reopened. I loaded the new Aiko Toon character CR2 file up in GenX.

Then in GenX I exported as a single morph and selected the “Head” category instead of “Actor”.

When I load a new genesis figure and under head parameters I see GenX. But the morphs that are shown do not affect the head to turn it into a toon face. The morphs actually do very little to the head at all. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I'm certain I'm simply doing somethign wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RY

Comments

• WildlyfeWildlyfe Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

Hi RY, I didn't notice you say that you applied the Aiko 4 body shape to Genesis before you applied your new toon face. I don't know if that changes anything for you.

edited December 1969

I am having trouble with GenX too. I would really love to have some more info on all the options. I have tried trial and error, but I would like to make choices based on something more than "lets see what happens when I do this". Right now, the trouble I am having is on Mila A3 and Pazu A3. For some reason, the eyes transfer very oddly. I have tried a lot of things, but haven't found any way to make it transfer right. Any help would be appreciated. I am attaching 2 pictures of what I am talking about.

Pazu_GenX_problems.JPG
    290 x 252 - 16K
    Mila_GenX_problems.JPG
    294 x 266 - 16K
  • edited March 2013

Thanks for the reply Wildlyfe. Yes I did apply the Aiko 4 for Gensisi body. I did this a couple of times a couple of ways and I finally did get a head morph that I had named Aiko Toony to pop up as a morph in Genesis and the head shape is almost there but like your pic above the eyes are way off and the lips are a contorted pinched shape instead of the full pouty version of the Aiko Toon. Very strange. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point except try and get close to that figirue with all of my various Genesis morphs. Kinda defeats the purpose of Gen X. Can't help but beleive I'm doing something wrong.

Post edited by kungphu_c34fa7ffbc on
    edited December 1969

I got the eyes to work once, but I can't remember what I did to get it that way. I didn't keep it because it involved a dozen morphs all linked together instead of the single morph, so it has to do with controllers somehow. I wish there was more information on those. I have searched all over for tutorials or discussion about the controllers and the other options in GenX and how to use them, but there doesn't seem to be anything. I don't really get how they work from the manual.

• Starc12344Starc12344 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013

I 'm also having trouble with Gen X .

interlock

Post edited by Starc12344 on
  • Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

I was using Generation X to transfer some of my more favorite morphs to Genesis. I’ve done this before. All of a sudden, my last transferred morph always shows up as the default face when I load Genesis. Has anyone seen this happen with Gen X and how do I stop it from happening (it interferes with my ability to use other face morphs on Genesis).

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681
    edited December 1969

It does this to me to. It has made genesis impossible to use. It loads up with the Leon morphs already in the geneis. Does anyone have a fix?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited April 2013

...OK this is probably a better place to post this.

Got GenX installed and working on the new system . Started rebuilding Genesis so I can recreate my Leela and Tracey Teen characters. Got V4 with the Morphs++ I needed to load. Got Steph5 with the needed morphs and NPMs to load. Then went to load Thorne’s Tommi Character and loaded the v4.2 Head/Face morphs. Cleared the scene and reloaded Genesis to verify they were transferred correctly. Reset the parameter slider scale to “0 minimum 1 maximum (defaults are -10 to +10), then cleared the scene and reloaded Genesis again. However, after doing so, I noticed the morph sliders reverted back to the default values of -10/+10 instead of the value range I assigned. Would not want to have this happen when I loaded a character which used the Tommi face morphs, as everything would be distorted since the slider setting would be at the maximum value when the character was saved.

I need to know how to save parameter value settings for the sliders that were changed.

Also another oddity occurred. When I select “My Library” under Daz Studio Formats in the Content Library tab, the SP4 NPM icons appear in the pane underneath. That isn’t supposed to happen, there should be nothing there. How do I get rid of this?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited December 1969

...found where to save the parameter setting changes.

...still don't know why GenX loaded the NPMs into the My Library header.

• ShastoShasto Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I watched a tutorial video on GenX once and it said to close and restart Daz Studio after doing one conversion before doing a second one.

He said to do this because if you do more than one GenX conversion before closing and restarting Daz Studio there are noted "instability" issues.