Really Weird Glitch

Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,449

Ok, I have a really strange problem.  I'm almost finished with a file I've been working on for a week, and go to render it. Everything renders fine, except for transparencies - anything that I had turned opacity down or off of in the materials is showing up full opacity.  Not in the workstation, only in the render.

I tried saving and closing Daz.  Restarting computer.  Deleting the items and adding them again.  No change.  

Has anyone else ran into this?  Is there a setting I have accidentally changed somewhere perhaps?

My stats are Mac OSX 10.11.6, DAZ 4.9.4.117 Pro 64 Bit, 3Delight.  

Any ideas would be amazing, this one really has me confused!

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

That's an odd issue. I don't use Mac or 3Delight, so sadly, I can't try and find the problem. That's very weird though. I hope someone is able to help out. I know that sometimes Mac isn't as supported as Windows, so I wonder if that might be part of the problem? I hope you're able to get it worked out.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,449

That's an odd issue. I don't use Mac or 3Delight, so sadly, I can't try and find the problem. That's very weird though. I hope someone is able to help out. I know that sometimes Mac isn't as supported as Windows, so I wonder if that might be part of the problem? I hope you're able to get it worked out.

Thanks, I hope so too.  I've been using Daz on my Mac for years, and I've never run into this problem before.  If no one has any ideas, I guess I'll open a ticket for it.  Those take awhile, but maybe it'll get sorted that way.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,329

Thanks, I hope so too.  I've been using Daz on my Mac for years, and I've never run into this problem before.  If no one has any ideas, I guess I'll open a ticket for it.  Those take awhile, but maybe it'll get sorted that way.

It might help if you posted some images of whats happening and a screen shot of the surface settings for the items that are causing a problem.

Also what lighting are you using?

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,803

adding to what scorpio said: what set did you use ( all changes in the opacity coming from the same set?), as well just add a simple sphere to your scene and change opacitiy on that to see what happens

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,449

Ok, sorry it took so long, but I found a solution.  I used the "Reset Surface" utility on the offending items, and then changed opacity to 0%.  For whatever reason, that fixed it.

I think the materials I was using may have been Iray materials originally that I had used 3Delight shaders on.  So I guess maybe something went wrong with the conversion from Iray to 3Delight.

Thank you, everyone, for your help!  ^_^ 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited August 2017

Ok, sorry it took so long, but I found a solution.  I used the "Reset Surface" utility on the offending items, and then changed opacity to 0%.  For whatever reason, that fixed it.

I think the materials I was using may have been Iray materials originally that I had used 3Delight shaders on.  So I guess maybe something went wrong with the conversion from Iray to 3Delight.

Thank you, everyone, for your help!  ^_^ 

I'm glad you found the solution. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on