Flying Fabric - Artistic Flowing Cloth Pieces (commercial)

13»

Comments

• Hera said:

Hello P!

May I ask what poses were used in the promo

If I recall correctly, all but one of the poses I made from scratch, which is my typical practice.

A tip: Make Powerpose your friend. With powerpose, I usually can create a pose in just a few minutes. 

-P

• What am I doing wrong?  The flying fabric look ghostly and not rich.  I have tried multiple shaders.

Skeleton King and Dragon.png
    1300 x 1000 - 3M
  • What am I doing wrong?  The flying fabric look ghostly and not rich.  I have tried multiple shaders.

Hmmm, it looks like your main light in the scene is coming from the position of the camera. I would suggest you try loading the light set that I include in the product into your scene. This will place lights in a better position to pick up the richness of the cloth. 

Let me know how it goes,

-P

Hmmm, it looks like your main light in the scene is coming from the position of the camera. I would suggest you try loading the light set that I include in the product into your scene. This will place lights in a better position to pick up the richness of the cloth. 

Let me know how it goes,

-P

That didn't work either.  Somehow I got it in a strange state.  When I deleted all the flying fabric cloths and readded them, it worked.  Thanks for your help.

• That didn't work either.  Somehow I got it in a strange state.  When I deleted all the flying fabric cloths and readded them, it worked.  Thanks for your help.

Hmmm, that is odd. At least you got it sorted out though. 

-P

• ddyackddyack Posts: 15

Hi PA_ThePhilosopher

I am having trouble with changing the material settings for the cloth.  No matter what I click on the shader does not seem to have an effect on the cloth - they are always the red.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• ddyack said:

Hi PA_ThePhilosopher

I am having trouble with changing the material settings for the cloth.  No matter what I click on the shader does not seem to have an effect on the cloth - they are always the red.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Be sure to highlight the cloth surface before double-clicking the shader. Other than that, I'm not sure what could be the cause of that issue, as I've never heard of shaders not applying before.

-P

ddyack said:

Hi PA_ThePhilosopher

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Be sure to highlight the cloth surface before double-clicking the shader. Other than that, I'm not sure what could be the cause of that issue, as I've never heard of shaders not applying before.

-P

Yes, I tried that - I have no idea what could wrong.  I will try to uninstall and re-install again but nothing seems to be working at all. 

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited August 2018

Strange. Are you able to load any shaders onto the cloth at all?

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
    edited August 2018

Strange. Are you able to load any shaders onto the cloth at all?

Ok, we got it working thanks to your latest post!!!  It looks it was a bug in Daz - once I opened up the shader panel (surfaces) we noticed they were being applied properly it suddenly started working.  Wow, that was frustrating but nothing ot do with your product.  Thank you for the responses and followups.

BTW: this bug stayed around for 2 full reinstalls of my entire library - lol :) Anyway all good now - thanks!

Post edited by ddyack on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    Yeah, What Griffin Avid said! :)

I'm not sure what I would be able to add that is not already available...unless I make it animated or something.

Do all the features that we don't have yet.

1) There are very few that come with Hood Up and Hood Down.

2) Would love for someone to solve the hair busting through the top of the hood issue. I don't know if they'd have to be some wisp or sliver of hair that can come with the cape to simulate a bit of hair hanging down the front- with an easy 'zone' for texturing so it can come close to whatever hair your character already has.

3) An over the shoulder version that covers both shoulders and drapes down the back, basically Batman when he's chillin.

4) A one-shoulder cape, like a poncho- good for gunslingers and just different.

5) Animation or plenty of morph pose controls for wild shapes. Length ones for that SPAWN look.

6) Sitting poses, so the character can sit and have the cape fold up under them or drape backwards over the back of the chair.

7) Original cape poses. The character holding the cape, in multiple positions....as a shield....dramatic poses...gripping the edges...phantom of the opera style and hiding the face behind a seam...etc...

8) the cape OFF. The cape folded like laundry- anything to even simulate the suit before donning, Hanging in a closet....

9) The cape tattered, with dirty textures, but ripped up holes like a zombie shirt...

10) A cape with LOTS of zones. Even if your main design is mostly monochrome with trim, you can let the buyers choose to add their own color schemes....

11) A cape that extends from something other than a cowl. Add a small device or backpack type thingie. Not as crazy as a paper towel roller, but something with functionality that the cape could be attatched to. It would have the effect of moving the cape away from the back. That would be different and welcome. If nervous, you can make the cape start at the shoulders and neck like always, but that object could sit on the outside of the cape, high at the neck. Let it wrap around like a neck brace.

12) A cape with some see through parts. Long as we're doing so much skimp wear, might as well explore capes that have more than one material. Lace strips or a center cut etc...

13) A cape with claws or sharp metal edges at the tail ends. Great for demonic renders and bad characters. Talons.

14) A cape that can take shapes...A witches cape that can make a cat shape- walking behind her like a shadow ...or a crow shape....It would look like the cape was dragging over an animal or object and taking its shape.

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited August 2018

#2 reads better small. If you're willing to crop and adjust I'd go with #1, as mentioned above, looks more interactive with the figure. 

This looks great!

I suppose the question is, if you see it as a tiny thumbnail (not full size), which one grabs your eye and makes you want to click on it to find out more?

-P

Post edited by Marshian on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,849
    edited December 2018

Never Mind.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,849
    Never Mind.