You guys ever get this black stuff all over your models?

joonaoskarivesajoonaoskarivesa Posts: 13
edited August 2017 in New Users

Like stripes of black sometimes it's just a single dot, sometimes it gets so bad it's actually hard to photoshop out.

What is that? Is there a way to not get it in your pictures?How to fix

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• If you mean on her left cheek, it looks like somedistorted polygons are confusing the renderer.  There are some odd gaps further up (presumably the hair is cutting into the mesh) and some kinks or possibly more limited black areas lower down. Do the artefacts vanish if you render her bald, but other wise with the same set up?

• Hmmm, I haven't tried, this is a render i did long ago, I don't have this scene saved anymore, I'll have to try next time this shows up

But what I can tell you is that it does show up sometimes even when seemingly no hair is cutting in to the skin

• Well what do you know, I actually did have this scene still saved, tried without hair, and the black stuff disappeared, alright at least I know what causes it, thanks

• It may be worth trying this: select the hair, then (if there isn't already a Mesh Smoothing group in its Paarmeters pane entries) go to Edit>Figure>Geometry>Apply Smoothing Modifier.

• Hmmmm, okay so the smoothing modifier seems to be part of the problem, see I had it set to 12 and when I dragged it back down to two, the black stuff disappeared from around her hair. So thank you for that

Unfortunately it's not completely fixed though, what could possibly be causing collisions in her eyeballs? eyes

This didn't get fixed even when I dropped the smoothing iterations to 0

Not even completely removing the hair got rid of these ones.... Hmmmm

• Ok, I'm not sure it's even caused by collisions this time

What

What even is this? It doesn't come off maaan. I loaded up this model in a completely empty new scene and it didn't have these eye problems, it seems completely random when this happens. And not only for this model but another one of the models I use as well. If it helps, her textures are from here

• I'm really sorry about the spam, I managed to get rid of it with a pretty bad workaround, basically just merged a new copy of her in to the scene, and boom the black spots were gone. Again, seems really just random as to when it appears and not.

Something I feel I should mention is, I have no idea how I managed this, but basically the models "eyes side-side" slider started working really weirdly before these eye things showed up, basically even though "eyes side-side" was set to 0, she was looking really far off to the left. Turning "eyes side-side" all the way to the other direction would barely get her eyes to look straight. I figured this was odd but thought nothing of it. I just turned off the limits for "eyes side-side" and it obviously let me slide them all the way now.

No idea if there's causation there but there sure as hell is corellation.

• Could have been a morph doubling up in its effect, people have seen some oddities on loading saved scenes.