How do you save 2 morphs on 1 slider?

I've seen several morphs that have one slider that goes not just from 0% - 100%, but will be set in the middle and can go in either direction to -100% to +100%.  It seems these are 2 morphs on the same slider, and I'm wondering how to make these?  I'm creating morphs and it would be helpful to consolidate the number sliders so that for example I could have one slider for Waist Side-Side instead of  2 different sliders for Waist Right Side and Waist Left Side.  Is there special tool used to create these?  Sorry for my ignorance if this is a fairly basic question, as I'm just barely learning how to make morphs in Studio.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited August 2017

No, the -100%/+100% are not different morphs. What you do is that you change the limits of the morph.

I don't know how you can merge two actual morphs in one slider.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

We can use "key" type ERC to change morphs (paramter value), and link with controller.

1.  . in parameter tab, go to edit mode, make new empty property ,  then name it . (in my pic I name it as testHeadController) , it will be controller which change another morphs value.

2  select the controller, r-click >show in property hieralchy.

3,  keep property hieralchy open, (currently it show the new controller which you made),  then return ds  parameter tab, serch morphs which you want to link.  now assume "moprh1" and "Morph2"  (I use 2 product morphs,  PHMAlienScalp, and FHMBat for genesis2M,)

4,  select Morph1, then drug it to the property hieralchy pane, under controller1>sub-component>1st stage.

6  now you see, morph1  are located as Sub-component>1st Stage section, of your controller.

7 extract morph1, >attributes,  you may find "save with" and "Type" . when you click them, you can  set value from drop down menu.

set "Save with" as "Controller (which you made)",  set Type as "ERC[keyed}"

8 when you set type as ERC[keyed]. you can add and set keys which can controll morph value. (as same as animation timeline)

9,  plan how morph animation work,,  I plan to make keys like that.

(controller value;  morph1 value)  = [(-1; 1), (0; 0), (1; 0)]     then animation curve need to change as "Linea" we need not smooth transition .

10  add 3 keys, as we planed then set key and values.  left side values are , controller value,   right side values are morph (sub component) values.

11   so now , when controlelr value = -1,  morph1 value should be 1,  controller value =0, mmorph1 value should be 0,  controller value =1, morph1 value keep 0.

12  use same techinic about morph 2.  drug and drop as same as morph 1,  under controller1>sub-component>1st stage.

13 set ERC type, and set save with as same as above. (must set save as controller, then it discribe formula in controller, not modify original morphs when you save them)

14, add 3keys for morp2.  but this time, it shoud be [(-1 ;0) , (0 ;0), (1; 1)]

15 test your controller, and confirm morph work as you designed. 

16 save your new controller, by save as new morph.  then when you load the figure (base figure) , it can load this controller.

setlink1.JPG
    803 x 612 - 70K
    setlink2.JPG
    1033 x 743 - 116K
    setlink3.JPG
    896 x 712 - 86K
    setlink4.JPG
    997 x 674 - 98K
    setlink5.JPG
    881 x 818 - 94K

Then there is way to use ERC freeze, and bake those keys from daz timeline (as if make animation keys)

but I seldom use this way, hope manually set to confrim each step. then can not offer detail about it.

setlink6.JPG
    1106 x 832 - 105K
    setlink7.JPG
    1165 x 839 - 113K
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Thank you very much for the pointers, very helpful!  :)

16 save your new controller, by save as new morph.  then when you load the figure (base figure) , it can load this controller.

I can set up the controller with no problems, thanks to your instructions, but I have no idea how to save the controller and turn it into a new morph, I do not see any options for saving anything as a new morph anywhere.  I'm probably missing something very basic here...

Well darn.  I guess I can save it as a morph asset, and then when I load back up another Genesis in Studio it shows up and works fine, but when I load up in Carrara where it really matters to me, the slider for the controller appears (although the two morphs it is supposed to control no longer appear), and it has no effect.  Looks like this won't work for my purposes, but I do thank you for the detailed explanation.

edited August 2017

Most of ERC or controller may load in carrara, but un fotrunatlely, I am not carrara user any more. I suspect Carrara can not key type controller ,just think what you said.

Then , there is another old way.  I did not mention it, because key type work better for your purpose, if you really hope to work it in carrara try old way. 

make controller, and deced 2 morph, as same as above.

but,  set ERC type as "delta add", then make ERC, which controll 2 morphs by different ERC.

morph1,   it need to increase same step value as controller one.  (step value should be 1)

morph2  it need to decrease same step value as controller one.   (step value should be -1)

lets try to make by your self. because it is real basic controller.. (just you need to set step value, one is plus, one is minus)

aftr that, , limit those two morphs .  morph A limit (zero to 1), morph B limit (zero to 1). if you keep morph limit,

when you set controller value 0 to 1,  only morph A will increase. morph B can not move by it limit.

when you set controller value 0 to -1, only morph B will inrease (by minus step value), morph A can not change value, by it limit. 

then it still work, as same as above. the problem is, when user change morph limit, or hope to set minus value for original moprh A and B, this controller ERC berak,   then cuase un-expected effect.  

but actually this way had been used, I believe.  (untill daz offer key type controller for daz stuido),

then Carrara can read it I believe. (though I need confrim, actually key type controller can not read by carrara, )

and you must to check each morph limit value are applied in Carrara. as same as daz studio.

(I remember, I can tweak limit in carrara as same as daz studio, but I do not tyr to add driver in Carrara, then do not know detail,

but I think Carrara can read simple delta add and multiple controllers as same as daz studio, because we can load genesis in Carrara with thoe morphs, or controllers. I can not confrim. sorry, just suppose so.

======================================================

And if your main purpose is carrara, I suggest ask Carrara forum, there are  user  hope to teach many about Carrara then keep carrara user. ,  I believe.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/carrara-discussion

then tell, what you hope to do,, there seems some plug in, which enhance carrara parameter, or add new drivers, I think.

it may be easy achived by cararra too. (I hope so)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited August 2017

1 Set the morphs to what you want.

2 Go to parameters, and with Edit Mode enabled (right click to set it), right click and Create New Property.

3 Set Name, Label, Path(?), Colour(?) Min and Max Values if required.

4 Check the names, path etc are correct, and that the morphs you want to use are set to the value required.

5 Right Click and ERC Freeze; IMPORTANT, before clicking accept, make sure only the morphs you want to set are in the list; if others are there, UN-TICK them all except those you want, then click Accept.

6 Test it works.

7 Save as a Morph Asset

8 Test it works on a new figure/or whatever it was.

Think I remembered everything, I cant check atm.

Post edited by nicstt on