How do I add a flesh texture to an object?

Hello, In preparation for Halloween image contests, I'm trying to step up my horror game by creating some suitably creepy living furniture. But when I try to copy the skin from a figure and paste on to an object, it doesn't cover it completely and leaves blank gaps. Is there a better way of doing things? Thanks.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944

you need a skin shader not a texture

the skins for figures have texture maps baked to the UV's of that figure, you need a seamless square map of skin

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905

For Iray, you could check out my free shaders. There are a few procedural skin shaders; they aren't perfect for a lifelike person, but for a skinlike chair? Great. ;)

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I was going to suggest your Shaders, Tim :)

I think it was the 2nd set that has a nice creepy organic shader

edited August 2017

Yeah, no need to get anything but the last one, linked in sig. It has everything.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I really need to get that downloaded sometime

It can be a little confusing, until you learn to filter a lot and figure out which terms are usually used (generally 'noise' and 'tiling'), but I'm usually around for questions. ;)

• galattgalatt Posts: 219

For Iray, you could check out my free shaders. There are a few procedural skin shaders; they aren't perfect for a lifelike person, but for a skinlike chair? Great. ;)

Thank you. Time for my first foray into Iray.