how do i increase and decrease skin details

Ok, this might be very noob question but i can't find answer anywhere from forums. How do i increase and decrease skin details. Some chacters have very rough detais (for example summer g3f on her sides).  I can make her skin look otherwise ok, but i dont know what to do those rough areas. I don't think post work or modifying texture maps in photoshop are the right answer, there must be some easier way to do things and my noobines must be the real reason for this problem.

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited August 2017

Is this what you're seeing? If so, we would call that skin detail.

If you don't like it, post-processing will likely be the fastest overall. There are some methods in Studio, but they will liklely take more experimenting to get right. Depending on your machine, the render time to see differences could be long.

Summer skin test 2.png
    750 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Remove bump and normal maps.

• mahhenmahhen Posts: 73

fastbike1 yep, her sides look little different than her back and front side and when doing 3delight different can be seen even more strongly than when doing iray. I like the model and it's not problem when she is fully clothed and i can also do post work, so it's not huge problem. But there is also characters that have strong details in face also. I like the promo pictures they have (like Ginger for Bethany or estrella and angelika for g2f), but with my skills the details might look too strong so i'm not brave enough to buy them. 

So i am interested is there anyway i can reduse skin detail strength, mayby in surfases settings on mayby a shader that you put over the orginal skin.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719
    mahhen said:

fastbike1 yep, her sides look little different than her back and front side and when doing 3delight different can be seen even more strongly than when doing iray. I like the model and it's not problem when she is fully clothed and i can also do post work, so it's not huge problem. But there is also characters that have strong details in face also. I like the promo pictures they have (like Ginger for Bethany or estrella and angelika for g2f), but with my skills the details might look too strong so i'm not brave enough to buy them. 

So i am interested is there anyway i can reduse skin detail strength, mayby in surfases settings on mayby a shader that you put over the orginal skin.

What you see in the promos should be what you get when you load the character depending on the lighting used. You can go into the surfaces tab and reduce the strength of the bump, displacement or normal map to make it more smooth, but if the details are in the skin texture you will still see them.

• mahhenmahhen Posts: 73

FSMCDesigns ok thanks, ill try that