Pompeii Project (phase 1)

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi ,

I've arrived to a stage in my project where I really need to have the opinion of impartial viewers as far as the scenery is concerned
So I await your comments and suggestions and of course critics; As far as lighting is concerned for the moment I really did not
make any precise tests., so this lighting is mid morning under a bright sky before the drama takes place. W know for sure from the major
witness of the day Plinius the young that the eruption occurred around noon at the earliest. The widescreen I used for my background image
will permit a green screen projection of an eruption of a volcano I have in store. I'll use probably the Stromboli, an Island not far from the coast of Italy and permanently active to these days.

Thanks in advance

Pomepii_palestra_et_amphi_vers_vesuse.jpg
2000 x 1125 - 2M
Pomepii_palestra_et_amphi.jpg
2000 x 1125 - 1M

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited March 2013

So far as lighting, using an UberEnvironment with a single distance light is where I would start, with shadows enabled. The simple reason is that UE2 gives enough ambient light to simulate daylight as it exists IRL.

All this assuming your rendering in DS

Post edited by wancow on
  • edited March 2013

wancow said:
    So far as lighting, using an UberEnvironment with a single distance light is where I would start, with shadows enabled. The simple reason is that UE2 gives enough ambient light to simulate daylight as it exists IRL.

All this assuming your rendering in DS

Well yes the rendering of the section in the Palestra and around the Amphi with the mumified statue is to be rendered with DAZ. I have not precisely established my storyboard but more or less it'll will be as follows.

Fade in on the scene here, and discovering the place,then the sudden eruption will occur and night will fall on the place, views of fuming ashes and skeletons and fade out.

The second sequence will bring the spectator sometime presumably around dawn into the corridors of the Palestra and the camera will stop face to face with the statue; there as the viewer looks at the statue, it suddenly crumbles and a roman appears and invites the viewer to follow him on the actual archaeological site of Pompeii. From time to time at certain places of the town I will superimpose on the ruins pictures of 3D view of what we think the place was at the time of my guide before the eruption. Well the film ends
    as the visitor is guided to the exit of the town, the roman comes back to its statued appearance.

The part with the roman guy will be the difficult one because I'll alternate views through the eyes of the visitor with the roman in full view and others without him. The views with the roman will be done using again DAZ to animate my guy and I'll have to dertemine the path it will follow and use the green or blue screen process to superimpose him on the real streets where he'll guide the visitor.

Post edited by jvdesuit1_582de7c548 on