Victoria 7 & HD Add-On (confused)

Hey!!

Just wondering.. will the HD Add-on make my characters that use Victoria 7 more realistic and detailed?

I'm trying to get more dimension and texture to one of my characters skin that uses Victoria as a base. Will this help me at all?

If anyone can explain or show exactly what it does would be extremely grateful!

Cameron

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,651

It adds more polygons to certain areas to get more detail (such as 'crows feet' round the eyes, or lines on the hand/knuckles, etc).

Busy rendering right now so can't show a comparison.

• The HD morphs work on the subdivided mesh of the figure.  They do not include any changes to the textures themselves.  The effect is fairly subtle and only really noticible on close-up shots.  Here is V7 and V7 HD with the same expression and lighting.

v7-test.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 617K
    v7hd-test.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 616K
  • Ok that's really subtle.. The character Im working on has very dark, reflective skin... So I feel like it may be worth it.

This is the morph I'm using. Can both the HD add-on and this product be used together? 

https://www.daz3d.com/jazmine-hd-for-victoria-7

• The DAZ Original HD addons are intended to be used on the specific figure it's made for.  Since it's a morph, you can apply it to any other character but the skin details won't line up.  The character you linked already has HD morphs for it included.

• Thanks for clearing that up!