Collision between actors?

I wonder if there is a way to have two actors collide so that their skin deforms (i.e. one actor pokes the other in the cheek and have the cheek dimple on contact)? I'm very new to Daz Studio and have a lot (read:everything) to learn. I've searched the forum and the web but can't find anything like this. I've found a lot of tutorials on having clothing colide with an actor/object, but nothing between two actors.

Any help with this or tips to replicate the effect would be much appreciated.

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited August 2017

It may not work as you expected, but  try to apply smooth modifier from edit menu,, select one figure (it try to overwrap target mesh), then set collision  target another actor mesh.  then go to setting tab of smooth modifier. with show hidden parameter. there are severay parameter, which can controll influence.

keep length influence, but tweak Lock distance, and play around. you can set limit off. if you are lucky (or carefully plan your pose, and adjust those values well)

you may get what you hope (so so,, not expect much,,)

though It cause another problem easy, because smooth modifier wrok about all mesh, and break detail eg eye around and usually shirnk the mesh which applied smooth modifier. in this pic I applied, product bear which modified, but you may hope to add smooth modfier, for genesis figures,, then it may often lost detail,and czuse problem.

after all we need "limit wieght map" for smooth modifier. to controll influecne more elegant way. I thik. 

Please request daz  from help center. if 100 person ask daz , may be happen. (or request to offer phisical simulation for body collison please!)

smooth.JPG
    1422 x 857 - 151K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • Thanks for the tips, that really helped. And I see what you mean about the smoothing modifier eliminating details on the figure. I might have to rethink my poses or workaround the issue. Thanks again.