How to crush hair so it doesn't poke through hats and other headgear

I can usually deal with poke-through in clothing, but I haven't figured out a way to eliminate hair poking through hats. Even fairly close-to-the-head hairs are likely to poke through what appears to be a fairly roomy hat. Bulky hairs are pretty much "Forget it."

I'm hoping there's a relatively simple way (i.e. short of learning Blender or something similar) to tuck hair under headgear. If so, I would really appreciate knowing what the trick is.

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,958

@Sickleyield has a helper product for each of Genesis 2 and Genesis 3

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

Now, how did I miss that? Thanks, SimonJM, it's going on my 'must buy' list. yes

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,787

The Sickleyield products work pretty well, you could also try using deformers to push the hair under the hat.

If all else fails, do two renders - one with hair and one without, then combine the two images in photoshop using the bald image to supply the top of the hat without the hair.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,340

The Sickleyield products work pretty well, you could also try using deformers to push the hair under the hat.

If all else fails, do two renders - one with hair and one without, then combine the two images in photoshop using the bald image to supply the top of the hat without the hair.

EXACTLY!

Sometimes I have the time to learn something new, sometimes I simply have to get the thing done. Photoshop usually bridges the gap between my rendering skills and the lack thereof.  I prefer to learn new things when I can though.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,318

You can use the Geometry Editor tool to slice off the part of the hair that fits inside of the hat.

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501
    edited August 2017

Petercat said:

You can use the Geometry Editor tool to slice off the part of the hair that fits inside of the hat.

Good suggestions, and cheaper than buying a fixer-upper (though I notice SickleYield's is on sale). I'll try them both today and see if they do the job.

Thanks!

Post edited by Blind Owl on