Still struggling

I still have no content in my content library. Pressing any button that sounded like it might do some goood didn't work. One of mthe buttons was "find files from known directories. I found something called scan results at the bottom of the smart content pane and it filled up the Smart content with all my Poser stuff. Not got much hair left so if anyone can tell me, 

1 Why nothing in content library.

2 Why no extra stuff like mats, props etc.  that I've bought for genesis 3 etc don't show up. (Bought  from sites other than daz and manually installed.) (or not)

Comments

• Can you see the folder list in the Content Library?

• sambucussambucus Posts: 42

Do you mean where you point at the folder that holds your content? Yep and I've double checked it. Annoying thing is, I now have a load of poser stuff in my smart content pane but they wont load.

Alan

Snap 2017-08-03 at 18.20.11.jpg
    566 x 919 - 55K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,187
    edited August 2017

Hi, @sambucus. When we "spoke" in another thread, you said you were installing content manually - is that still the case? It does look to me as though DAZ Studio has not been told where to find your content. Could you show us some screenshots showing where you put it and where DAZ Studio is looking - basically your version of the screenshots I am attaching. I'm giving step-by-step instructions here in case you need them - I apologise in advance if I'm over-explaining blush.

S1 - your library where you are installing - my screenshot is for Windows File Manager (I don't know whether you are Win of Mac but there must be a similar function)

S2 - In DAZ Studio go to the Content Library tab, click on the arrow at the top right (1 in my screenshot) then open Content Directory Manager
    Edit: I see from your screenshot you have the tab on the opposite side, so I mean that arrow at top left for you)

S3 - In the resulting pane, click on the + symbols so expand the library setup

S4 - Show your version of this - mine is a real mess, for various reasons, the main thing is to check that the library you installed to (from screenshot S1) is there under both "DAZ Stuio Formats" and "Poser Formats".

We may be able to progress from there.

S1-File-Manager.jpg
    793 x 464 - 255K
    S2-Content-Directory.jpg
    735 x 688 - 181K
    S3-Content-Directory-Manager.jpg
    723 x 816 - 119K
    S4-Content-Directory-Manager-Expanded.jpg
    721 x 805 - 270K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Aha - click the dark area in the left edge of the frame, next to Lib of Content Library, and you will expand the folder list.

• sambucussambucus Posts: 42

I'm sure I've already done as you suggest.(see image.) This dir. is the one I've put all my Poser content in. BTW, really appreciate the trouble ou're taking over this.

Snap 2017-08-04 at 10.05.04.jpg
    859 x 201 - 44K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Do not install content to the Program Files folders

• sambucus said:

I'm sure I've already done as you suggest.(see image.) This dir. is the one I've put all my Poser content in. BTW, really appreciate the trouble ou're taking over this.

As jestmart says, putting content in the applicaiton folder (which Windows protects from chnages) can lead to issues - however, that screenshot is the Content Directory manager (showing which folders are selected), not the Content Library (allowing you to select fodlers and load content from them).