Shape Rigger Plus(Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited March 2019
    Can you explain how the UI has suffered? Not much was changed. We appreciate any feedback.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861
    edited March 2019
    Zev0 said:
    Can you explain how the UI has suffered? Not much was changed. We appreciate any feedback.

Oh, maybe it's a bug. It's just very horizontal, stretched. Feels a bit awkward. 

That's on latest beta maybe that's an issue?

Ah yes, tested on 4.10 and works fine so this is an issue with the beta.

Post edited by bluejaunte on
    edited March 2019

Weird..I'm not getting that. I tried to stretch mine like yours and it retains the structure. Is it stacked next to each other when the window is smaller?

Capture.PNG
    1909 x 936 - 144K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Edited my post, seems like a beta issue. Let's take it to PM.

AH good to know.

• Hi Zev0,

Just bought this product. Looks awesome.

If I made a character variation within Daz itself, by using shaping dials; should I freeze it into a single dial morph and favourite that dial?

I'm a bit confused as to what to fave tbh.

Thanks for getting back to me when you find a spare moment.

xxmom

edited March 2019

Hi. This product is used to rig individual morphs that would link to your property dial. The product cannot rig a property since it is a collection of morphs. So, if your morphs you are going to freeze are already rigged then there is no need to use the product for rigging. If however some morphs that are being used in the freezing process are not rigged, then you would favourite those and rig them (if rigging is required). 

Now, if you favourite a property dial, it will not show under the rigging tab since it cannot be rigged, but will appear under the saving tab if you wish to have it saved. If the morphs linked to your property are your own, you would favourite and save those as well. Let me know if that makes sense.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2019

Hi Guys. The product is in the process of being rebranded from Morph Rigger Plus to Shape Rigger Plus. There will be a product update to reflect this and the update will also include an option to save morphs compress or uncompressed. While I cannot get into the specifics of the name change, it is my duty to inform people incase of any confusion. Thank you for your continued support.:) I will let you know when version 1.2 is available.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

I'm trying to understand what this product is and does (showing my ignorance). Can it transfer morphs from Genesis to Genesis 2, 3, and 8? Does it transfer full body morphs as in the video, or does it transfer face morphs also? It looks interesting but I can't understand how I would use it.

edited April 2019

Hi. This is not a morph transfer tool. This only rigs morphs on the figure and ones that lack rigging, be it custom morphs, or ones that have been transferred via an external method. So say you create a custom morph or import a new morph onto a figure. It requires rigging for it to bend properly or handle expressions correctly. That is what this tool is designed to do. It also has a handy feature to instantly save any selected morph with one click and browse to it's location. You can also browse to any selected morphs path if you cant remember where it is located. So if you don't really import morphs, or create characters, then this product wont really be high on your priority list, but to me it is such a convenience. It saves me so much time, especially for resaving morphs I update, or instantly finding the location of a specific morph. Hope that makes sense. 

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Well, can morphs be brought from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8, using DAZ Studio Pro, and then rigged properly using this product? I tried to bring a few morphs over by coping them and then pasting them in to the appropriate place, but when I tried to activate them, nothing happened.

• wolfskinjacksonwolfskinjackson Posts: 27
    edited April 2019

Hey guys! After I run Shape rigger Plus, I still see the original skeleton rig, on top of the new adjusted one... is this normal? Will it cause issues down the line when posing my morphed character? Am I doing something wrong here?

Post edited by wolfskinjackson on
    edited April 2019

inquire said:

Well, can morphs be brought from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8, using DAZ Studio Pro, and then rigged properly using this product? I tried to bring a few morphs over by coping them and then pasting them in to the appropriate place, but when I tried to activate them, nothing happened.

Yes that is what it is designed for which is rigging morphs that have been imported or transferred onto your figure. Also to note if your morph did not activate then there is an issue wth your morph. The rigging process happens once you get an imported morph to dial up properly. Also copying morphs from one figure to the next will not work. It isn't that simple. They have to be properly converted.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Hey guys! After I run Shape rigger Plus, I still see the original skeleton rig, on top of the new adjusted one... is this normal? Will it cause issues down the line when posing my morphed character? Am I doing something wrong here?

Can I see a screenshot? Do you have clothing loaded on the figure? A figure only has one skeleton and you should not be seeing two. It is hard to see what is going on unless you can post your result.

• Zev0 said:

Can I see a screenshot? Do you have clothing loaded on the figure? A figure only has one skeleton and you should not be seeing two. It is hard to see what is going on unless you can post your result.

Here is what I'm talking about:

edited April 2019

And you only have the joint editor selected like this? (see attachment) Can I see a fullscreen shot of your studio along with what is selected in your scene tab? I have never seen this before.

Capture.PNG
    2559 x 1430 - 534K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • wolfskinjacksonwolfskinjackson Posts: 27
    edited April 2019

Sure, here it is:

Post edited by wolfskinjackson on

That is very strange..... I cannot duplicate the duel bones. Looks like the morph rigs fine, but I have no idea why it shows two sets of bones. Maybe open a support ticket at Daz and ask why this happens? Or Hopefully somebody else can comment here and try and duplicate this or explain what it is.

• Zev0 said:

That is very strange..... I cannot duplicate the duel bones. Looks like the morph rigs fine, but I have no idea why it shows two sets of bones. Maybe open a support ticket at Daz and ask why this happens? Or Hopefully somebody else can comment here and try and duplicate this or explain what it is.

Well, thanks anyway for your time. The product itself work just fine. I tested the morph in many G8F poses and it follows along almost perfectly (Very little adjustments required, if any). 

I tip my hat to you Sir! Your products are stellar and always among my favorites on the marketplace. 

Now I just need to know what's going on with the dual bones...lol

I'll just open a support ticket.

Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words. Let me know what the issue turns out to be. I'll try and ask around as well.

• Sure thing! I'll let you know. Thank you for your help.

• Please remember to switch to smooth shaded viewport mode if you need to take screen shots of a nude figure.

edited April 2019

Think the problem is this. You have bone ghosting enabled. To turn it off open your tools tab and when joint editor is selected just disable it.

2019-04-08_1003 (1).png
    433 x 471 - 18K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Right on! THAT was the problem! Thanks a bunch Zev0!

• Please remember to switch to smooth shaded viewport mode if you need to take screen shots of a nude figure.

I'm sorry about that, Richard. It won't happen again. My mistake. ;)

Hi Guys. Version 1.2 is now live. Please unistall old version or remove it in scripts folder as this version now lies under a different name path. Thank you.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I recently had a problem with "Duplicate formula found" after running Shape Rigger Plus v1.2 to rerig and resave an existing rigged morph. I will send you a PM with the details.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,849
    edited May 2019

I have a problem with "Duplicate formula found" on Genesis 8 Female, which suddenly appeared during the last 2 weeks (maybe longer).

I am pretty sure, that it was not before and I have not used Shape Rigger Plus at all, yet.

Could someone explain, listing necessary steps, how to use Shape Rigger Plus to correct such issues, please.

Post edited by Artini on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870

Have you installed any new characters in that time? If so then one of those would be the likely cause of the error - the property that is triggering it, or one of the properties if it's an interaction, can be indentified by finding the error line in the log file (Help>Troubelshooting>View Log File).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Artini said:

I have a problem with "Duplicate formula found" on Genesis 8 Female, which suddenly appeared during the last 2 weeks (maybe longer).

I am pretty sure, that it was not before and I have not used Shape Rigger Plus at all, yet.

Could someone explain, listing necessary steps, how to use Shape Rigger Plus to correct such issues, please.

Have you used Shape Rigger Plus to rerig any existing morphs? I have a case where Shape Rigger Plus caused the duplicate formula found. Zev0 is investigating.