Opening A store at Daz 3D

Hi there i'm am learning about Daz3d little by little so please don't shoot me if i am mistaken in my questions and ideas.

I currenly have a stock of more then 300 detailed shoes modeled and textured and rather then just shoving them on a 3d sale platform i am looking into converting them for DAZ.

I see that they need to be rigged for female Genesis body, but i see there are different versions ? Are different version a must? Dose each version double the work? Are they just updates?

I would be interested in rates for freelancer to prepare the files for me, partnerships on split income is also an option.

You can see some of my models here : http://mesh-agency.blogspot.fr/search/label/New Releases

Any information you have on selling this kind of item on daz are welcome. (do you think it can be worth the time?)

Thanks all for reading and sharing

All the best

MA

Comments

• Usually things are made for the current version of Genesis and that is 8 right now so start with fitting them to Genesis 8.  I am not a merchant, but sometimes one comes and checks the threads and can be more helpful about this stuff.  There is information on the site about becoming a merchant.  It might be quicker to use google to find it though.

• Ty Rita

So for example they are always talking about "victoria" she is a genesis 8 model?

yes i think a merchant will be able to answer my requests efficiently :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Genesis    = Victoria 5 and Mike 5 (plus all othe 5th generation daz human figs)

Genesis 2  = Victori 6 and Mike 6  (and all other 6th generation)

Genesis 3  = Victoria 7 and Mike 7 (+ all 6th gen)\

Genesis 8  = Victoria 8 ( an other 8th gen figures)

• Ty Chohole, So the rigging needs to be done just for last generation or are older generations more popular?

• Well, merchants have to kinda keep current.  You will do all of this for Gen 8. Some will maually fit them to G3 or other generations if they wish.  Then in two years there will be a Gen 9 and you can decide if you want to update them to fit that model as lazy people will cry and beg for working instant heels.  They will pay for FAST fitting though so on popular sellers it may be worth it to update them then.

• Ty Rita, Is there a way for mearchants to see my message, should i have posted in another string, is there a place for posting jobs?

Or maybe there is someone i can message privatly who can help me with the information i'm lookin for?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2017

On the bottom of every page on the web site  "Publishing"

https://www.daz3d.com/community/community-publishing

They will want to see images of the Projected products, and also will need to know where you are selling them at the present moment.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Ok so say i work on Genesis 8 models :

- What are the most popular characters? 

​- I see some shoes are made to fit a long list of models while others are made only for victoria 8, what would you advise?​
    - With the different character​s​ ​do the​ ​bones have different ​coordinates​ and weights​?

- Do some of the models have the same ​bones ​coordinates​ and weights?

Trying to understand the workflow and the time involved.

• Make the shoes for Genesis 8 Female, optionally add morphs for one or more iconic shapes (Victoria 8, Olympia 8, and whatever are still to come).

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    ​- I see some shoes are made to fit a long list of models while others are made only for victoria 8

Any clothes (or clothes-like) item made to fit a Genesis 8 character should be made first to fit the base G8 figure. Fits for other characters will be automatically generated if you don't add them yourself, but there's no guarantee this auto-fit will be exactly what you have in mind. Adding custom fits for characters will produce exactly the look you want, but note that it's impractical to include fits for every character that's out there.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited August 2017

Hi!

I offered them a clothing set that was accepted recently for Genesis 8.  Daz is going to require that you support not just the base figure, but all of the Real World heading body morphs (Heavy, Fitness, etc.) plus VIctoria 8 (they sent my product back repeatedly until I did custom morph support for all of these).  Supporting Olympia is also recommended.  Making morphs/fits for these can be a little tedious but it's not a long part of the rigging process compared to others. 

You might be able to convince them to take a Genesis 3 product if it's awesome enough, but that's tapering now; it's going to be very hard to get anything prior to that accepted.

Here's approximately what you're likely to need to do to rig shoes.

Genesis 8 has her feet apart in base pose, so you're probably going to need the extra step of putting her feet together to do the base model on before you do this process.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • thanks to RichardSpottedKitty and SickleYield.

ok so i guess i will just have to do at least the victoria 8 then i will try to send and see what the Daz team requests. Yes i watched that video and i will be following step by step until i get a hang of it all, althogh it will be more complicated for me as that shoe is super simple.

I don't understand about putting the feet together yet but i'm sure it will become clear once i have started.

I also worked out that i will first have to invest some money in buying the assets for my renders, victoria 8 model + some outfits, hair and a set of lighting. I saw a tutorial that advised layton hair for a start up. Can anyone advise a bacground / ligthing that is easy to use?

Or even better a file thats already setup correctly?

Ty :)