Show off your photos

1235»

Comments

• KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited July 2013

Szark, if I was sleeping like that then no wonder my back's as bad as is it, all these years blaming the wife's packing (I had no idea how heavy that case was until I tried to pick it up) and my repeated failure to read the instructions ('bring the motorcycle to a complete stop before dismounting'). Looks like I might owe the wife an apology.

Chohole, both of the cats we rehomed sleep in their beds, Lola, the older one tends to sleep in the more traditional curled up position (though I don't have the photos to prove it), though in her case getting her to sleep in her bed simply involved putting her bed on top of my Billingham 335 camera bag that she had taken a shine to.

Anyway here are a couple more pictures of the two of them taken a few weeks ago, a few days after we brought them home, the outdoor shots were a few weeks later after they had had time to settle in.

Sparkie is the white & tortie (approx 11 months old now), Lola is the black &white; (approx 17 months old now).

Lola-2-PSB.jpg
    1330 x 950 - 496K
    Lola-1-PSB.jpg
    1564 x 1117 - 744K
    Sparkie-2-PSB.jpg
    1263 x 902 - 417K
    Sparkie-1-PSB.jpg
    1010 x 1414 - 616K
    Post edited by Kinich on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Kaz and chohole...looks sheepishly up and says, "honest it didn't".

are there polecats ferrets or just polecats? Just love all animals, yep even cats to a point.

Kinich ROFLOL that is so funny yes come to a full and complete stop before dismounting and make sure you miss the lamppost.

Ok We should all be a bit dog http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzgl0nFj3s

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I should add. I love the collars Kinich, so many cats around here have no collars and many aren't ferral but do wander in to my garden. But now the side fench is gone the next door's (step daughter) cat keeps the others away. He is old and chilled and never wanders further than our two properties and now that we haven't got any dogs he feels right at home. The house mouses coming from our neighbours shed backing on to our property keeps him busy. But he doesn't hunt birds and uses his own loo so I am happy.

• KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited July 2013

Szark, I always put collars on our cats, these two are both microchipped but they also have tags with emergency contact numbers on their collars, they also need the magnets attached to the collars to open the cat flap. Also I always go for reflective collars if I can get them, and safety collars of course in case they get caught up, Lola's has a push fit buckle that will snap if pulled hard enough, Sparkie has an elasticated one as she worked out how to get the pull apart type off very quickly and if I put that type on I normally find it on the floor a few minutes later.

As for the motor bikes, rolling on the floor is not to be recommended, you want to slide, not roll or bounce, you do less damage that way, though doing 30mph sliding on your back looking up at a bus going the other way is stark reminder of the fragility of life, not something I want to ever do again (though with my back riding bikes has been off the cards for years now :( )

Post edited by Kinich on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Lovely cats Kinich. Mine were almost 7 months when we got them form the Cat rescue place, matching litter sisters but as different in nature as chalk and cheese. Coming up for 2 years old now, and still won't sleep in the comfortable bed, but we regularly have half a dozen boxes of various sizes around that they have taken a shine to at various times. They sit there and watch us open any new parcel so that they can inspect the box, to see if it suits. We throw them away when they get too tatty.

Their faves are the ones from Amazon, the ones were a small item has been packed in a larger box with yards of paper packing, that makes nice beds. I am sure they know how to read Amazon.co.uk on the side, as those parcels are attacked before we have fully opened and emptied them.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Kaz and chohole...looks sheepishly up and says, "honest it didn't".

are there polecats ferrets or just polecats? Just love all animals, yep even cats to a point.

Kinich ROFLOL that is so funny yes come to a full and complete stop before dismounting and make sure you miss the lamppost.

Ok We should all be a bit dog http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzgl0nFj3s

It's ferrets *smiles* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferret

Not sure I would like to have a polecat, ferret themselves while domesticated still has a LOT of instinct... a polecat would be even more wild *grins*

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

REALLY enjoyed the thread so far.

Annie, is that your hubby and kids?? If so Frank is a total hottie for sure!

LOVE LOVE LOVE squirrels.... that's all I'm saying! lol

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited July 2013

I have a few more here I took with my old Minolta T-201 35mm.

:-)

Spider1.jpg
    1739 x 1140 - 899K
    AustinHat1.jpg
    1140 x 1745 - 846K
    badass.jpg
    379 x 485 - 52K
    timelapse.jpg
    769 x 517 - 182K
    snow.jpg
    525 x 763 - 141K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,331
    edited November 2013

It is very interesting to browse through all the photos. So many people from different places sharing different experiences. :-)

Post edited by linvanchene on