Show off your photos

Comments

• KinichKinich Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    nice and crisp there Kinich, nice. One day I will get to Kew if I ever get down that way. Eden project is another on my bucket list.

The Robin and Nuthatch look a tad wet...been raining that day?

Thanks, the Eden project is something I've been wanting to get to for a while but so far never made it.

As for the weather it was a rather damp day but the the rain didn't start till later in the day, the robin & nuthatch (and the squirrel) where taken in a nature conservation area of the gardens which has quite dense trees and shrubs so the whole area was somewhat damp.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Has it stopped raining ?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Has it stopped raining ?

It has up here in Gods own county. :)

• KinichKinich Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Has it stopped raining ?

Not that I had noticed, but they haven't lifted the drought restrictions yet so I assume what we are currently experiencing is either not real or if it is then it is the 'wrong sort'.

edited December 1969

Well it was definitely the wrong sort of rain here in Wales. Over on the west coast they had dreadful rain, a months supply falling in just 24 hours. I guess you may have seen asomething about it on the news. Where I am it was not so bad, as we live almost at 1200 feet, and it was just that the road outside ressembled a shallow river as it ran downhill.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,423
    edited December 1969

We have an overcast sky today and the occasional drizzle so its staying semi cool today while our air conditioner is broke.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bah, woke up to a blown monitor today so am late checking the threads.

Still, I like to do nature scenes for my desktop, bring the outside in as it were. Often just colors and textures over actual scenes though.

Done with my old Canon Powershot G9 awhile back.

Cheers

Raindrop_Petals.jpg
    800 x 600 - 64K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,423
    edited December 1969

Oh, I love the water droplets on the flower.

edited December 1969

Thank you! And yes, I like when something just 'comes out' right, especially the quick picts where you're busy dodging weather yourself. LOL ;)

So here is another I call the 'icy sumac star'. Have quite a few from this storm that hit us a couple years back. This one though, I just liked the whole 'lightness' feel if that makes sense? Or maybe it is delicate?

Well, cheers at any rate :D

icy_sumac_star_jan09.jpg
    800 x 600 - 97K
    edited December 1969

Oh, last one for a bit to leave on a warmer note: "Poppy Wings"

Cheers

Poppywings.jpg
    800 x 600 - 46K
  • MysticBlueRavenMysticBlueRaven Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OOOOH photo thread hehe :)

I have a Cannon EOS Digital Rebel that I've had for years now that I take pictures with
    (Duckies, Mill and Covered Bridge)

We also have a cheapo Samsung Camera that I LOVE that takes really nice pics and was like $100.
    Best money I ever spent (Flower and Lake)

ATM I think these are my fav pictures that either myself or my husband have taken though we have thousands. We spend whole days sometimes just taking photos as a family since both me and my husband and both our kids love to take pictures :)

I love taking photos, can't get hubby to go with me when I feel like taking photos. You are lucky. Most of the time he will drop me off, and I give him a call when I am done walking around taking photos. I don't drive other than drive him crazy/ These are some awesome photos

edited December 1969

Bah, woke up to a blown monitor today so am late checking the threads.

Still, I like to do nature scenes for my desktop, bring the outside in as it were. Often just colors and textures over actual scenes though.

Done with my old Canon Powershot G9 awhile back.

Cheers

I just love the water droplets on the flower, awesome photo
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

i shot the squirrel, but i did not shoot the chickadee

edited December 1969

There are so many fantastic photos being posted here in this thread. I have enjoyed looking at each and very one.
    The first photo of of Sassy my 5 year old box turtle. The second photo is of an Cicada, very common here in the southern part of the USA.
    That last photos is of an green anole sun bathing on a yucca plant. All photos was taken in my front yard.

catchingsomerays1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 414K
    Cicada1a.jpg
    800 x 600 - 565K
    sassy.JPG
    800 x 600 - 610K
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

I have to take pics for my Photo courses.
    I’m have a Minolta SRT 201 and a Minolta Maxxum 7000. I use only the second one because the other seems even more prehistoric.

Can’t show photos. I’m doing nudes. :wow:

edited December 1969

JC Soto said:
    I have to take pics for my Photo courses.
    I’m have a Minolta SRT 201 and a Minolta Maxxum 7000. I use only the second one because the other seems even more prehistoric.

Can’t show photos. I’m doing nudes. :wow:

Don:t you taking any other type photos?

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

Nope. It's the theme of my project, so I have to stick with it.
    But my photos are crap, so you're not mishing anything. :-P

I'm enjoying the ones posted here!

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

So many wonderful photos here! :coolsmile: I am jealous of your skills guys.

When film was still popular I used to take lots of photos with my trusty Pentax SLRs. But then I got a little digital Point and Shoot and it just chews through the rechargeables at a great rate so I can't go on any photography expeditions. So I've just sort of stopped. :( At the beginning of the year I started thinking I should look at getting a digital SLR but money's tight so it will take a while. Will have a hunt around and see if I can find any scans of any of my old photos that are worth posting.

But in the meantime at least I have all these other great photos to admire. :)

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,818
    edited December 1969

s l f said:
    So many wonderful photos here! :coolsmile: I am jealous of your skills guys.

When film was still popular I used to take lots of photos with my trusty Pentax SLRs. But then I got a little digital Point and Shoot and it just chews through the rechargeables at a great rate so I can't go on any photography expeditions. So I've just sort of stopped. :( At the beginning of the year I started thinking I should look at getting a digital SLR but money's tight so it will take a while. Will have a hunt around and see if I can find any scans of any of my old photos that are worth posting.

But in the meantime at least I have all these other great photos to admire. :)

While not an SLR, I know the little Samsung I am using is really wonderful *or at least to me* and it was like around $100 maybe $200. Its a TL_210 if interested. Its 14 MP and the color and clarity are really good for a point and shoot and you can adjust some things to play around some. Granted not much in the way of zoom though it does do Macro as well as Landscape images etc. . and it also shoots video as well which I love :) The battery lasts pretty long as well and usually what I do is buy two so if I kill one I don't have to stop and they are fairly reasonably priced. Just a thought to get you buy till you can get something better.

I know I REALLY want a new Digital SLR as mine couldnt take detailed enough pics for texturing etc which is why we got the little one to get us by for now and it's working out wonderfully though I do still long for another Cannon at some point :)

edited June 2012

And just cuz you HAD to know someone was gonna go here.....*giggles*

These are pictures of the two kittens we rescued outside during a storm last month :) They are too cute LOL These were actually all taken by my 10 year old with that little Samsung Camera :) Not artistic per say but well total cuteness to start a morning with :) The first image in the pop box and the last with the kitten standing are the little boy which we call Munchkin and then the one with the little collar is the little girl which we named Snuggles :) Munchkin we are still trying to find a home as we can't keep them both though the way things are going on that front we may not have a choice but to keep him but hopefully we can find him a good home. He's a cutie :)

SAM_2309.jpg
    800 x 800 - 600K
    SAM_2322.jpg
    800 x 800 - 651K
    SAM_2350.jpg
    800 x 800 - 660K
    Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    edited December 1969

Whoa, too cute, Ann!

Here's our kitten now cat that we got from a rescue shelter.

Cheers

Tessie_kitten.JPG
    800 x 669 - 124K
  • kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Cue-- wendy loves katz!!!!

Helloooo Wendy!

Wendy,?" where the bloody hell are you??".

Gorgeous cat pics

Cheers
    GG

edited December 1969

Please no more cats...I can't handle the cutness. :coolmad:

edited December 1969

Okay, some anti-cuteness then. ;)

shrrom_brown.jpg
    800 x 600 - 89K
    edited December 1969

I have moved this thread over into the Art Studio, in the hopes that it won't get lost, with the OPs consent.

ANd I won't add more kitty cuteness, so here is a photo of our little dog that we lost just a few months ago, As you cna see he was quite an intelligent dog.

Freddie_read.jpg
    800 x 600 - 386K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

is that " The way of War "

edited December 1969

MJ_Vivianight Love fungi, have many species in my garden often with teeth marks in them from the wood mice I have living in the rockery.

Cho. Lovely little border terrier there, reminds me of Taz which died in March this year. He was 17 and a half years old.

TazSmall2.jpg
    800 x 533 - 347K
    edited December 1969

OOh looks like you had a bit of snow up there Szark. Our little border was only 14, but he had that strange sort of epileptic type complaint some borders get. THe one before was almost 16 when we lost him. Lovely little dogs, never grow up.

edited June 2012

Awww look at all the adorable doggies and the pretty kitty :) We have another cat...she is a big poof ball (only she is eeeeevil LOL) This is our dog Oreo :) and also some pics of my flight home from visiting DAZ3D in Utah this passed November :) (Do you get the feeling I take too too many pictures yet? And if we were showing family the we would REALLY be in trouble. I must have like 10,000 photos of my boys LOL Poor kids first words I think we "Mom get the camera outta my face" hehe :)

SAM_1656.jpg
    800 x 800 - 513K
    SAM_1585.jpg
    800 x 800 - 595K
    SAM_0414.jpg
    800 x 800 - 467K
    Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    edited December 1969

We want to see a photo of Evilll Kevin, in his office, after you visited rofl.

Come on, who else wants to see that Photo. ??????????????????