Fuzziness

hi can anyone tell me when trying to render its taking forever and is so fuzzy?

i must be doing something wrong.

IMG_6515.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 4M

Comments

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

Well, it depends on a bunch of things, including...

• Do you have a good graphics card? Is D|S set to render using the graphics card or CPU?
    • What do you mean by "forever"? If you consider 20 minutes "forever", then you might need to modify your definition.

• That looks like Windows  - type Snipping into the Start menu/screen and launch the Snipping tool, then click New and drag out a rectangle over the area of interest, and finally click the disc icon to save it. That is much better than trying to take a photo of the screen.

I suspect you are using Iray and that the issue is mainly that your sceen is enclosed, or mostly enclosed, but you don't have any lights inside the enclosed space - as a result you are relying on light from the dome HDRI bouncing into the scene; that takes a long time to converge, making the process slow and noisy (I assume the noise is what you mean by "blurry").

• I took a pic of my laptop screen using my iPad so sorry for the naff pic.

im using the cpu as I don't have a great graphics card but intend to upgrade my laptop at some point once I have learned my way around daz studio better.

the scene was a so called ready to render library scene from the market place by ironman.

maybe I need to simplify how much I have in th scene.

• How do I make the render canvas size smaller as it's trying to render a large area so perhaps I need to try a smaller size picture?

thanks for your help.

• Which set was the Ready to render scene from? It may be a 3Delight set only, if it's an older product, which doesn't have the same issues with enclosed scenes (as it allows objects to not cast shadows).

• Which set was the Ready to render scene from? It may be a 3Delight set only, if it's an older product, which doesn't have the same issues with enclosed scenes (as it allows objects to not cast shadows).

It's the library set which is pretty new I think.

• Yes, it does use Iray. It seems to be using emissive surfaces for all of its lighting, which can be slow (depending on the geometry of the emissive surfaces, for one thing).  For me it looks as if it will take quite a while, using a pretty ancient 750Ti card (but with nothing other than the Ready to Render scene loaded it's about 3% covnerged after five minutes).