Sci Fi Funk Sneak Peak Animation (advert)

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited March 2013 in Art Studio

Hi,

It's been a while since I've posted to this forum (active over on the Carrara forum).

Anyway 3 years in development and I'm still not ready for the "grand arrival" into the future BUT WE ARE CLOSE!

Finally then I can show a sneak peak of what to expect from the next two animations.

The short clip shows the results of the low poly people experiment and lighting tutorials I've uploaded on the Carrara forum in recent weeks. It also contains my early work, so please excuse the bad lighting halfway through.

The question is:
Can you handle the future? (future, future, future ... goes off into the distance).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igkOlMhG8QM

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192
    edited December 1969

Very good, nice camera motion. And Synth Programming! An old hobby of mine ...
    :P

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Steve K said:

Thanks Steve K. Yes I do love a spot of synth programming. Analogue preferably.

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

I am in awe of the first image.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192
    edited December 1969

Steve K said:

Thanks Steve K. Yes I do love a spot of synth programming. Analogue preferably.

I have had some analogs but could not keep them running. Still have some digital synths (e.g. the Casio CZ 101), but I'm pretty much using simulations now, e.g. Ableton Live Suite with its many instruments.

You do your own music for animations, I assume? Any tips? I think music can really help an animation ...

edited December 1969

argus1000 said:
    I am in awe of the first image.

Thanks Argus! I'm working on the full animation of that image this week. (It's called "Cyberpunk People").

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Still have some digital synths (e.g. the Casio CZ 101), but I'm pretty much using simulations now, e.g. Ableton Live Suite with its many instruments.

You do your own music for animations, I assume? Any tips? I think music can really help an animation ...

CZ-101? I love that series. Play the CZ-1 myself.

I do the music yes, this is the whole point of the 3d animation for me, a way of bringing the synth's and my music alive with images.

The best tip I think I can give, is after you get over "falling in love" with your latest music creation, (i.e. at least leave it to the next day), then set about tightening up the playing via editing. Don't let a single note sound out of place to your ears. That way you know you've done your best.

I usually spend 3 sessions editing, before the final mixdown (which also gets edited).

• skamotionskamotion Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Great work

edited December 1969

Thanks. I've subbed to your animations on youtube, you did a good job with Stonemasons Utopia Deck C.