Gen 8 Stuff on Gen 2 Figures

I have a lot invested in the Gen 2 characters I've created over the years, so I really don't want to "update" them to the newer figures.

Unless there is a way I don't know of to do an actual update of them to the newer figures.  If there is, I'd rather like to know.  ;)

What I wanted to ask though, is that there are some new outfits coming out for Gen 8.  In the past, shortly after each generation came out, there were a mess of utilities that allowed you to use that clothing on other figures.  I haven't noticed that yet.  Did I miss it?  I'm looking for ways to use the new Gen 8 stuff on my Gen 2 characters.

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited July 2017

Stuff like that usually comes-out after the male figure is released, so most artists have the base meshes of both genders to create an all-encompassing product.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

You can often use the dynamic cloth plugin that is sold at that other store to drape clothing content made for one Daz figure on another Daz figure.  In some cases, you might need to use frame 1 to adjust the pose to fit. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,640

Usually the new utilities that came out after a release were to get older content onto the newer figure, not the other way around. I would be surprised if much comes out to get newer outfits onto older figures.

• This'll do for you.

Just replace G3F with your prefered Genesis figure. It won't work for non-Genesis figures, of course, but the nature of the beast means it should work well enough for Genesis. Mind, gloves will likely be even crappier than normal, and shoes won't even, but you should get a rough and ready autofit clone at the end.

• There were G3 to G2 clones made when G3 first came out.  About the only thing they never made was a G3 pose to G2 pose convertor, even though they did come out with a convertor that went the other way.  That cost them sales...but...*shrugs*

I'll look at those directions...I'm betting they would work for making clones between sexes too...I'll have to work on that to see what I can do.  It feels a bit like black magic when looking at it right now, but I think I can figure it out.  Just need to boil my rats eyes the right way.  ;)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,097

About the only thing they never made was a G3 pose to G2 pose convertor, even though they did come out with a convertor that went the other way.  That cost them sales...but...*shrugs*

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/137491/converting-g3-poses-to-g2-it-works/p1 ;