Convert Prims into Actual object with shader domain

So I'm trying to make som simple stuff .. a big electrical swtich .. and I've done a nice job .. considering the very limited amout of stuff you can do in DAZ to build things .. but I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn this into an object. All I want to do is have the base .. and the handle as two seperate things .. and maintain the shader domains so that when I access the surfaces tab on one part (say the handle) I get allthe ares that I've created.

So? ... Can I?

There's like NO help at all in the DAZ manual about this.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945
    edited July 2017

you need to do two things

export and reimport it as one object

learn to use the geometry editor tool to select and create surfaces

its hidden in the basic layout but you can access it by going to windows panes(tabs) tool settings

it has a load of right click options to select create and assign surfaces and you can hide and delete hidden polygons too

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Would I have to export the base and the switch as seperate obj's? The then conbine them later?

I know about the geometry editor .. but it wont let me do anything like move an edge .. extrude or sut through a non sub divded surface. It's not like I'm looking to do any advanced stuff here .. but you'd think there'd be a simpler process to make a simple collection of prims into an ojbect. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945

there is, download Wings 3D or buy Hexagon enlightened

• I have hexagon .. it's NOT easier

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Wings 3D is fairly easy and free.

http://www.wings3d.com/

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,650

Would I have to export the base and the switch as seperate obj's? The then conbine them later?

I know about the geometry editor .. but it wont let me do anything like move an edge .. extrude or sut through a non sub divded surface. It's not like I'm looking to do any advanced stuff here .. but you'd think there'd be a simpler process to make a simple collection of prims into an ojbect. 

3D modelling isn't easy until you master the craft, and as soon as you start to add polygons, you need a real 3D program as you need to handle UV mapping as well.