Converting G8/V8 Poses to G3/V7...

So no one ever did a converter for G3 to G2 and I imagine no one will every do one for G8 to G3.  Not a fan of G8 as I feel G3 wasn't around long enough to justify the switch.  There is literally nothing compelling me to use G8 as part of my workflow.  I already have buckets of morphs and content for G3 and I can't figure out any features of G8 worth switching to.

I am tempted by an M8 version because being able to flawlessly put M3-M8 clothes all on one figure will greatly expand the limited clothing options the male DAZ/Poser figures always have. 

Anyway, if there is a way to convert G8 to G3 or if someone knows of a converter or an upcoming converter, would love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Pretty sure Bone Doctor does this, so it's been done. Don't know what kind of converter it is, but I've never found batch converts actuall worth the time That's me. Buy there's definitely a script in the paroduct to convert.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,049
    edited July 2017

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-to-genesis-8-pose-converter

You can convert on the fly or do entire pose directory batch conversions with metadata as well. If you look in the promos you will see a G8 to G3 version of the scripts. Also this has the ability to convert only patials if you apply partial poses to your figure, be it G8 or G3.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Pretty sure Bone Doctor does this, so it's been done. Don't know what kind of converter it is, but I've never found batch converts actuall worth the time That's me. Buy there's definitely a script in the paroduct to convert.

It's relatively easy to go both ways and have them essentially plug and play; the reason there was never an official pose converter from G3 to G2 is because the results of the conversion still needed manual adjustment and none of the PAs would release a product that would require that kind of end user intervention (not to mention that QA likely wouldn't have passed such a product anyway).

• onimushaonimusha Posts: 189

Thanks for the suggestions.  Going to try and make Zev's product work.