Smart Content Problem #1435876, SOLVED

TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,052
edited July 2017 in The Commons

LOL, okay I have products showing as available in the Smart Content oane that I know have been installed with DIM. Most appear to be Morphs and Poses that should not need installation via CONNECT, or Smart Content files at all.

What should I do to correct this?

Thanks in advace for any advice,

John

Post edited by TJohn on

Comments

• As long as they have coloured thuimbnails you don't need to do anything - they may be available through Connect but that doesn't mean you have to install them that way. If they are not seeing the DIM install that's a problem, and may indicate a communication issue at some point.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,052

None have colored thumbs, Richard. Maybe I wasn't clear, the morph and pose packs are ones that have no user-facing files. So why are they showing as CONNECT installable if DIM has already installed them? I have a new installation of everything because I had to replace a dead computer recently. This problem wasn't there in the previous DB I was using. I know I'm being a bit OCD but I am and it bugs me. Sorry.blush

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Did you copy over the existing content folders, or install everything fresh with DIM?

Did you copy over the existing content folders, or install everything fresh with DIM?

Fresh with DIM.

In the Installed tab of DIM, does it show check marks in the Smart Content column?

Not with the products whose info files show that there are no user-facing files.

Are those the only ones that have the black and white thumbs, or are there ones with metadata that are black and white also?

OK I figured it out.cool Some products have been installed via DIM that don't have metadata because there are no user-facing files. So I am checking to make sure they are installed, then deleting the "available" images from the list. I don't know why Daz Studio isn't doing this automatically but I can clean it up, so thanks Mike and Richard and I'm marking this thread solved.yes

I believe one of the tasks the 'metadata librarian' is working on is to make sure there's a user-facing file for all products to avoid this problem.