Will Genesis 2 Morphs work on Keiko (and other similar questions)

So when I started I bought a whole bunch of stuff that I thought looked sexy, but was just terribly incompatible. I just did a hard reset where I actually refunded EVERYTHING I have ever bought in order to start over!

I'm going to try to do the smart thing--get the morph/clone/converter packages that will actually allow me to use my items! However, I need some help with figuring out which morphs will work with which figures.

I'm trying to move to using only Genesis 1/2/3 figures, and I need an anime style (Hiro/Keiko/Kenji). I'm trying to figure out which morph sets to buy, and whether they'll work. I have some specific questions, so here goes! If anyone can answer any subset of these I'd be so grateful.

1. I have Keiko, which is based off of Genesis 2. Keiko already has a morph dial to let me adjust the level of keiko-ness, but I want to do more tweaks to eye shape. Will the Genesis 2 female morphs bundle let me dial in more of these adjustments to Keiko?
  2. I'm going to get Hiro 5 for Genesis, but I'm not happy with how he looks. Can I apply the Genesis Evolution package to him to adjust his facial/body structure to make him look older? How is this different from the Character Morphs for Genesis HIROism for H5, and is there any point in getting both--can I use them simultaneously?
  3. Will clones like the Genesis 3 Male/Female Clones for Genesis allow me to fit clothing made for Genesis 3 to Hiro 5?
  4. I also have the A4/H4 morphs for Genesis. Same question as above for these!
  5. What about Pose converter? Is there any tool for converting Genesis poses to Genesis 2/3? I want to use interactive poses, but I can't figure out how to get my genesis 3 male to interact with my hiro 5.

As you can see, I haven't fully grasped the difference between morphs and base figures, so I'd appreciate any help and general knowledge as well!

Thanks so much!

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Keiko is a character that is dialed onto G2F.  As such, you should be able to make any changes to her that you want using any morphs that are specifically geared for G2F.  How much that changes Keiko's look will depend on what morphs you use and how much of them.  But, yes, it should work.  The same will hold true for any other characters that are dialed into their respective bases.  Changes can be made with any morph sets for that base figure.  So, yes, it should be the same with Hiro 5 and Genesis morphs.

Fitting clothing is a little bit different.  There are threads that show how to do that manually.  Frankly, it was easier for me to just get the scripts with the clones that do that for me than to figure out how to do it manually.  You need to look at the different scripts and get the ones that work with both the donor fit and the figure you want to fit to.  I like Wear Them All and Fit Control.  I have both and use both of them.  Wear Them All is great for automatic fitting and Fit Control is great for fine tuning the fit.  You have to look and see if they cover the figures you need to fit.  Not all outfits are going to fit smoothly no matter what route you go.  There are some you just might have to take into Blender or Hexagon or some other modeling program and fiddle with the fit if you are adventurous.