Transitional Shader?

CowrieCowrie Posts: 143
edited July 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is it possible to have one shader blend into another in a sort of transitional area?  If so, how would one go about doing that?  Please and thank-you!

Post edited by Cowrie on

Comments

• Do you mean over time or in a single frame, blending over height or depth for example? Iray or 3delight?

• CowrieCowrie Posts: 143

In a single frame over height or depth, and preferably in 3delight, though something Iray would also be welcome.

• The basic answer is to use the Shader Mixer - we actually recently discussed some aspects of what you want to do in this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/184811/shader-mixer-not-working-as-tutorials-explain

• CowrieCowrie Posts: 143
    edited July 2017

Thanks, though I'm not sure if the fact that the one two different shaders has numerous image maps for stuff like bump and I also want those to transition requires a slightly different setup or not.  I'll give it a whirl as is and see how it works out.

Update: I figured it out, setting up a mix brick for each of the different maps.  However, what would you use instead of or in addition to altitude if you wanted the gradient to go on the other axis?

Post edited by Cowrie on