Beautiful Eyes for Genesis 8?

mikekmikek Posts: 192

So far eyes have been difficult for me to get right. Which genesis 8 female or packages do you prefer concerning eyes or which package produces the best eyes for you?

Comments

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

None.

Only "own" standards.
    See the example here (quite at the bottom of that page)

• mikekmikek Posts: 192
    AndyS said:

None.

Only "own" standards.
    See the example here (quite at the bottom of that page)

Does this work with genesis 8? After applying the pupil is white for me.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,044
    mikek said:

So far eyes have been difficult for me to get right. Which genesis 8 female or packages do you prefer concerning eyes or which package produces the best eyes for you?

Can you switch the UV for the eyes to G1 or G2 or V4 - and then just apply one of those textures?

edited July 2017

Hm,

no idea.
    Try this. And give her some Cornea Bulge and close the iris (Eyes Pupils Delate = -30%).
    We're talking about G8F?

duf
    duf
    Eyes Reflection.duf
    Post edited by AndyS on
    Fauvist said:

Can you switch the UV for the eyes to G1 or G2 or V4 - and then just apply one of those textures?

Genesis 8 has for me only the base female available as UV. G3 textures seem to work although there have been changes to the eye geometry and I believe a material got merged. But eyes have always been a problem for me so I wonder what users here prefer or if they have something which works well for them.

AndyS said:

Hm,

no idea.
    Try this. And give her some Cornea Bulge and close the iris (Eyes Pupils Delate = -30%).
    We're talking about G8F?

Yes its G8F and this one does work. Here is a comparsion of where I stand currently:

Left to right are the base female, elizabeth, victoria and rebekah. The last two are elizabeth with the duf and cornea bludge=60% and 0%. The light for the reflection is a point light.

Congrats for the last two.
    But the real photo (top) you compare with doesn't have a pointlight. wink

AndyS said:

But the real photo (top) you compare with doesn't have a pointlight. wink

My guess is a spotlight would probably be closer or possible a emissive surface but I have been evading the later one as from my experience the scene takes often longer to complete with them. What kind of light have you been using in your setup for the image from the fiddeling thread ( here )? Or is it only from the environment map?

mikek said:

What kind of light have you been using in your setup for the image from the fiddeling thread ( here )? Or is it only from the environment map?

I used two spot lights with some rectangular surface (10cm and 50cm). My hint: you can use simple emissive planes with only 1 division. The simpler the geometry (of the emissive surface) the quicker the render.
    My renders were 15 to 60 minutes (depending on the skin shader) at 2000px with CPU-only.

AndyS said:

I used two spot lights with some rectangular surface (10cm and 50cm). My hint: you can use simple emissive planes with only 1 division. The simpler the geometry (of the emissive surface) the quicker the render.

Ok tank you. I will have to do some more testing with the emissive planes.