G8F Texturing Across Seams

Hello!

So, I was working on a new G8F character and I've run into a bit of a problem. I've tried for two days to figure out how to get a consistent texture pattern across seams from the face to the torso, from the torso to the arms, and from the torso to the legs. I cannot find a way to do this consistently. No matter what I try, the texture on the face is smaller and the texture on the torso is larger. I even tried texturing using the pattern in Blacksmith 3D hoping that would help create a consistent texture. I would then use that texture as an overlay and blend in Photoshop with the original face textures. Here is what I got using that process:

http://pre14.deviantart.net/ff54/th/pre/i/2017/205/3/d/liara_by_renderguyny-dbhhl8p.png (full size)

As you can see, there is a very clear texture difference between the face and the neck. I'm just not quite sure what to do at this point. Any advice will be helpful!

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965

I'd be interested in what you are told. Since it is BlackSmith 3D's product maybe they will have correct advice that works? I know Will Timmons in the Commons forum asked a similar question the other day but he was using the Substance Painter product instead.

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

I have this problem to but I have not tried to solve it for a few days as it was getting to frustrating  -  I hope someone has an answer for you then I can steal it :)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited July 2017

Output the G8F character as a duf, just basic textures, even greyscale/white or any solid colour would work as long as they are set up correctly and display in Studio. And as long as you're painting everywhere that displays on the character.

Load into Blacksmith3D, texture/paint then save the textures; don't forget to bleed before exporting to avoid issues with seems.

Post edited by nicstt on