Dim installed content missing

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

Hi: I have all my content installed via dim but if I I go to my product view it shows as grayed  out and ready to install via connect. I don't want to use connect. But somehow dim stuff is sporadically in product view. Because my hard drive is not the biggest I've been forced to delete content after installing. I'm not sure what is going on but it seems to loose track of some content after it is installed via dim. What can be done?

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Does re-importing metadata help?  Did you ever log in from DS?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

I did the reimport meta data and it don't change things. What helps is redownloading and installing the files. I think studio doesn't seem to like it when I have dim delete installers after installation. I've had a lot of troubles since I opted to do that. But I have no choice. I have a passion for hdris and they chew up my hd disk space.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I don't see how deleting the installers after installation could affect DS.  Have you tried resetting the database and reimporting metadata (after Exporting User Data, of course)?

edited July 2017

Yes. I just did it yesterday hoping to resolve this. This is what the files look like. DIM States it is installed but Product view says nope!

wrong.JPG
    1356 x 720 - 101K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • andykartaandykarta Posts: 84
    edited July 2017

I guess I'm not an install manager kind of guy.  Why wouldn't you put the folders in manually?  I broke down with the Nexus mod installer for Skyrim. I felt dirty but the software was bullitproof and so intuitive.  Just download with the installer and say yes to all.  I did use the daz installer when I first downloaded it and also when I reinstalled the software after I updated my drivers.  And it was okay.    But while Daz's content library is not my favoritest of things they do make the manual placement of mods pretty straightforward.  Plus you learn where everything is and sometimes you can import something that won't show up in the content menu directly. Plus, I don't trust tags.  When the machines try to take over their biggest weapon will be metadata.  And as for uninstalling, I totally get you.  I'm always thirty or forty gigs from being full.  But I uninstall using Treesize so I can see visually what the biggest folders I don't want are.  I also drive stick.  Can't stand automatic transmissions.  

Post edited by andykarta on

I have too much stuff and too little time to place content manually. Maybe if I had more time...