How can I organize all of this mess?

2»

Comments

• Toothtail said:
    It was on the top instead of on the side--I don't even know how that happened! No wonder I couldn't find the handle. Is there a way to get it to go back onto the side?

The Content Library pane's option menu has three modes for the folder section - list, which is a Mac-style list of names in columns; tree, which is a Windows-style hierarchical tree; and side-byt-side, which is a tree at the side of the file section. To open the option menu click the lined button in the pane's top corner, or right-click its name tab.

Toothtail said:
    (While I'm asking, how do I get rid of panes that I've accidentally docked into the main viewport area? I usually have to restart or reload the workspace to get rid of it, since dragging and dropping doesn't seem to do anything)

That's odd - one thing to check is that Pane Docking/Undocking isn't locked Window>Workspace>Lock Docking/Undocking should not be checked.

Toothtail said:
    So I thought maybe I could put a real example in of one of my Smart Content / Database problems, which might be easier to walk through than an abstract question.

Here's an example issue: I bought the "i13 heated debate" pose set from daz and installed it via connect, but it isn't showing up in smart content when I have genesis 3 male or female selected. 

Here's the product in question

Here is where it is located

It wasn't showing up in Smart content for my genesis 3 figures, so I went into edit metadata as suggested and changed "not delcared" to genesis 3

...But it still doesn't show up ("heated debate" missing below when filter by context is checked)

I think I must have overlooked something--what exactly would I do to get it to show up corrrectly in smart content?

Well, part of the issue may be that it seems to be set as "Genesis 3" in its folder path, rather than Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 3 Male, but I'm not sure why that would stop it from showing in Smart Content - I have other items that affect both male and female, are similarly place as files, and show the correct compatibility.

• ToothtailToothtail Posts: 34
    edited August 2017

Thank you!

Toothtail said:

Well, part of the issue may be that it seems to be set as "Genesis 3" in its folder path, rather than Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 3 Male, but I'm not sure why that would stop it from showing in Smart Content - I have other items that affect both male and female, are similarly place as files, and show the correct compatibility.

Hmm, for the compatibility, I tried changing it to plain Genesis 3 as well, but there wasn't really a difference. 

I contacted Daz about it and they confirmed that they had the same problem on their end and were going to look into it, but I know there must be a way to manually fix it, right?

Thanks for all your help

Post edited by Toothtail on
  • TisketTisket Posts: 16

I know this is an old thread but man, what a wealth of information. Got a new computer and trying to start out with more organization than the confusing mishmash of my old runtimes. Thanks for all the helpful tips up in here!