Weird off set center of mass...?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I imported a V4 scene into an M4 scene. I drag and dropped her into his area on the scene tab and deleted her unnecesary scene parts. But now when I pose her or move the scene around while she is highlighted it does not center on her, but off to the side about 20 inches or so.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Noting. Your hot point doesn't change if you delete stuff from the scene. select V4, edit menu, center hotpoint ;)

Post edited by ManStan on
  • edited March 2013

Thank you for giving me a direction to start from. I checked that. And even clicked it. Still no change. Then I noticed this box.

Help.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 432K
    Post edited by rosedragon_9a2c52b8ed on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Do you have any kind of animation going on? Do you have something parented to your Kitara figure that has the hot point off? Might help to see the timeline and the Kitara figure hierarchy to figure out the issue.

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited March 2013

That hotpoint looks fairly well centred so should be close enough. The yellow boxes are projections of the figures bounding boxes onto the drawing plane.

However, your camera viewport is off to one side, ie you've panned across. You can also either drag it across by using the centre handle in the frame or use the viewport pan tools (the hand icon in the leftside pane). As it is now, the camera will rotate around the hotpoint but will always be offset. You can reset the camera to its default position or create a new one. Or rotate it to point at the figure.
    Clicking and holding on the camera orbit control will bring up its 3 modes of operation.

Small tip: Turn off 'Visible in 3d view' for any cameras unless you need to manipulate the frame directly. Then work entirely in the directors camera until you're ready to start your final composition.

Post edited by RoguePilot on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250
    edited December 1969

In your image, the upper black arrow pointing left (arrow is on right) is just above two tiny objects that are a part of the Kitara - which is why that bounding box is enlarged so. Are those lights you've attached maybe?
    Anyways, if those are needed, simply use Kitaras head, neck, chest, hip, etc., to select when rotating the camera.
    If those things are just handles for manipulating clothing, just get rid of them. But if you look closely, there are two (at least) tiny things out there that are stretching the bounding box. If those can be dragged outside of the Kitara hierarchy, that too, would shrink the box around her again. I'll often use grouping to help me in this stuff. Sometimes I have a need for something to stick out like that but I don't want it affecting my center of balance for the cameras. For that I just create a target helper object and place it the same distance away in the opposite direction and go to Effects tab and shrink it to it's smallest size so I can forget about it. Those target helpers do not render, btw.

Does that help more?