How to export Genesis 3 Poses to UE4

kattyg911kattyg911 Posts: 7
edited July 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

How to export Genesis 3 Poses to UE4

Hello, the essence of the question in the topic title, I can not export the poses in unreal engine, I will be glad if someone could share their experiences or ready-made guide, thanks!

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 790

What rig are you using? The UE4 one or a custom Genesis 3 rig? Are you trying to export a charactor or an animation? I didn't think you could export individual poses. I thought it was animations only. I guess you could export your pose to a single frame animation.

• kattyg911kattyg911 Posts: 7

Hi! I have no problems with exporting animations, everything runs smoothly by following this guide But I can't export the static pose, I managed to do it only with such settings, but this way I was not very happy. I also thought that it will be able to export as animation, but I'm not smart enough to do that, hehe

2017-07-19 14.52.04.png
    380 x 605 - 32K
  • AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 790

What were you not happy with? Also, I don't see any options in UE4 to import static frames. You could create a two frame animation and make them keyframes with your pose in both keyframes. You can bring that into UE4 and from there you can blend to your static pose. Would that work? Something tells me this should work with a single frame as well.

When you import this separately, you don't import the geometry. Only the animation. You need to select the skeleton though. I think you need to uncheck both "Import as skeletal" and "Import Mesh".

• kattyg911kattyg911 Posts: 7

I'm not happy that every time I import a new mesh with new textures, to fix his eyes, hair, clothing materials, the same thing again and again, it all takes about an hour for one pose, and to hold exports need more than a hundred times because the pose manages to successfully adjust to the scene in ue4 just for 5-10 times.
    Yes, it is not necessary, if we are talking about animation, you just need to select an existing skeleton from a given mesh in ue4 But again, I repeat that I can't repeat it with static poses, I don't know how to make a two-frame animation of a static posture, that's the problem
    Thank u for help!

• burginburgin Posts: 18

I'm exporting the Genesis 3 figure to UE4 with the "Toulouse" hair (which is intended for Genesis 3).

When the figure appears in UE4 the hair is no longer in position.

I've tried everything (e.g., exporting the hair separately, with the root node renamed) but without success.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

• did you fit the hair to the gen 3 character? I havent had any issues if ive either selected and fit to or changed parent to the base figure im using, ive succesfully gotten gen1-8 into UE4 but i also use mixamo to help with rigging for animations. Then i import character direct from Daz for texture fixes.