Is LAMH crashy for you?

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

I'm using vers 4.9.4.117

I've been toying around with some models that have LAMH presets. It'll load..I can get a 3dl render....but if I try to pose things , it crashes.

I just have the free player... it says it's v 1.6.0.1

Do other folks have this problem?

Comments

• Rae134Rae134 Posts: 49

Yep for me it is.  I think its a memory thing. It has been advised to pose etc before adding LAMH then render.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Hmm. wonder what kind of memory thing....I got tons of it, so bad coding?...

I'm giving that order a try now...(though it seems the thing loads a whole figure, rather than just the fur stuff when clicked...so I'll need to figure that out).

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

For me it is often a hit and miss, sometimes I can work with the lamh figure, pose it and render without a problem, I try to hide the lamh fur until it's time for the render but that don't always work either for me. And sometimes I can barely get it into the workspace before Studio locks up and than crashes. I can't for the life of seem to be able to convert the lamh to iray without it crashing or completely lockign up the computer, forcing me to do a shutdown of the machine. 

It's been like that for a long time for me, but even when being in touch with Alessandro we couldn't figure out why it happened as my machine should have been able to handle it (on that note, Alessandro was really helpful and tried his best I think, even if it didn't lead to a solution to the random crashing/locking up.)

• Ya, Alessandro has always been extremely helpful with me as well.  I do know I need more memory than the 16GB I have now.  LOL  But overall, I have pretty decent luck with LAMH.  I usually set up the scene, sans critter with hair....(naked)....save the scene and close DS.  Then reopen and add the hair and conver to Fibermesh and render....  That strategy works 90% of the time for me.  :)  I have had 3 squirrels and a fox in a render with only 16GB.  Granted, the environment was simple too, but even though my machine was crawling and gasping, it rendered fine once all the conversion was done.  :)

I always do all my test rendering, light setup etc with the animals and no hair.  Always save, then re-open DS.  Then add hair.  Hope that works for others here.  :)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

16GB... *jealous* I'm working with 8Gb *goes away to cry*

• Haha,,,,Well I "want" 64.  **cries with you**