Reposition the Universal tool

Does anyone know hot to reposition the universal tool? Sometimes applying a pose can cause the tool to move away from the character as it resets the bounding box based on the pose.  It isn't a show-stopper but it sure is very annoying.  I'l like to reposition the tool back to the character base.  If you know Maya you know this is done with the insert key.  I've tried insert, Ctrl, Alt.  Nothing seems to work.

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I will make a group, position the gizmo where I want it, then put what I want to move in that group, and move it with the group gizmo which moves all it's contents all at once.

• ByBryByBry Posts: 10

Interesting but it isn;t an object that i want to move. That isn't an issue.  I want to repostion the gizmo itself.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I only do it so that I can maybe have the gizmo in the pane where I need it, then I dump it out of the group when I am done.

Sorry I wasn't more help. :/

• That means the pose is moving the figure by the hip node, leaving the figure in situ. As a rule poses should sue the hip only to keep feet on the floor and for posing relative to another figure in a group pose - placement in the scene should then be handled via the figure node, allowing for free mixing and matching. If you see this in poses from the store please report it as a possible bug.