Resetting the render and tone mapping and...and...

I want to reset EVERY field and option associated with the word RENDER.

Some settings are saved with render settings and some are not.

I hit RESTORE RENDER SETTINGS DEFAULTS, but  Render Presets don't affect every page and setting.

How do I get everything to go back to Daz SUPER, ALL_EVERY TICK BOX- EVERY_DARN_THING! default?

The Progressive Render Sceen.
Default Alpha setting

Organization

Filtering
Spectral Rendering
TONE MAPPING

and lastly Environment.

Or am I being paranoid and think the render gremlins have made my Daz look worse since my earlier renders?

Or are many, many new purchases of old products lack iray materials and I am now seeing funky looking renders because of that?

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075
    edited July 2017

Old products do not get material updates automatically. Studio wil automatically convert 3DL material to the Daz Uber Iray shader during a render, but that may not be "adequate" for your tastes.

It will almost certainly be worse than a "designed for Iray" texture.

I have not personally noted any changes in my renders with 4.9.4.117 compared to previous 4.9 versions, render settings being equal. I will say that setting Spectral Rendering ON will defintely change the look of the render with all other settings being the same as earlier 4.9 versions. You may not like that change.

Image on the left is pre V117. Image on the right is v117. Looks pretty much the same to me. I might convince my self of some subtle changes in brightness

Yara G3F pre 117-5.png
    500 x 750 - 726K
    Yara 117-5.png
    500 x 750 - 726K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on