G3F rib cage morph/workaround ?

ueziuezi Posts: 46

Hi,

For my "hunger/starvation" rendering project I need to have a morph/workaround/something which makes the ribcage visible on a G3F...

My atempts so far (without success):

1. Applying zombie (Lucile) morphs to figure --> Skinny, but no rib cage
  2. Custom Bump-Map (as LIE overlay) --> No effect (base bump map has a too low "factor" so the ribcage is not really visible)
  3. Shoveling a Skeleton underneat the G3F an setup collision item --> horrible poke-through (if I ever need a monster/zombie I'll try this again)
  4. Trying to convert the i13 V4 ribcage morph from rendo with teh DeviantArt conversion tool from darkhound1 and apply it to G3F --> Nothing happens (only feet get weird)...

SO is there something I could try ?
Did anybody succeed with something similar ?

I know that similar threads exist but noby seems to have a good solution...

Thanks & best regards,
​   Uezi

Comments

• There isn't enough underlying geometry for a ribcage. You need eithe an HD morph or a displacement texture AND upping the mesh resolution so there's something to displace.

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited July 2017

Depending on how the LIE map was made (if its a filled map or just the ribs and the rest is transparent) if you switch blend mode to Additive blend resulting blend will be brighter, which in bump terms means stronger. If its to much you can lower it by lowering layer opacity.

You can also put resulting map in displacement instad of bump. Since ribs shape is big (compared to tiny skin bumps) you may have enough geometry subdivision to show/displace just the ribs and not tiny skin bumps. Also with displacement you can regulate how much up or down (or in and out) you want displacement to go. However, this might make visible seam between torso and rest of the figure (again depending on how the maps ware made).

Post edited by ben98120000 on
  • ueziuezi Posts: 46

Displacement Maps are the way to go!

Yeah, got a very poor (= free hand drawn) version of a rib cage as displacement and the result points in the right direction!

I'll post a result later.

Thanks & best regards,

Uezi

• Ongoing MomentOngoing Moment Posts: 78
    edited July 2017
    There are 2 morph packages that you can use for ribcages. One is Musculature HD Morphs for the Serratus and Shapeshift has a ribcage definition. I took Gen 3 into Hexagon and made a few ribcage tweaks to add more details. If you are not experienced with Hexagon or ZBrush, just realize a little is a lot. Trial and error in an afternoon might get you some personalized art morphs. Also, the HD morphs are much more detailed. Some real ribcage morphs need HD.
    Post edited by Ongoing Moment on