V4 Skin to G8 Skin Converter Possible Complete Character Converter

I was looking over some of the characters for V4 and there are so many that look good. However, it would be awesome to be able to use those skin textures on G8 figures. If possible it would also be great to see a complete character converter, but if not the skin converter would be fine too.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited July 2017

Easiest way to do it as do once & be done is to buy Blacksmith's Texture Transformer & needed plugins at Rendo to convert to G3F and then those will work with G8F, although I reckon Blacksmith will be making another plugin for G8F to add to their list.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924

or Ultimate Unwrap 3D's repaint

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited July 2017

Cayman's Legacy UV products make that easy to do. He has one to use V4 skins on V7/G3 and is working on a V8/G8 version. 

Morphs will take more finagling. GenX2 can take them from V4 to V7/G3. There are a number of threads in the forums on methods to move morphs from G3 to G8 to get then the rest of the way.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited July 2017

Easiest way to do it as do once & be done is to buy Blacksmith's Texture Transformer & needed plugins at Rendo to convert to G3F and then those will work with G8F, although I reckon Blacksmith will be making another plugin for G8F to add to their list.

They might do, but don't actually need.

This is Stephanie 4's textures on G8F; it won't be exactly the same as I customised the SSS shader as I intend the skin to be for an older figure and show a little more wear-and-tear once I've finished.

I prefer their method, but think it is more time-consuming than Daz's offering; but as I don't have the Cayman's products I don't know and can't suggest any benefits that one offers and vice-versa

... Both seem to give good results.

G8 S4.png
    1273 x 1800 - 2M
    Post edited by nicstt on