Convert daz3d character to prop?

I would like to convert an Iclone character to a prop.  I want to alter the size of the character a large amount..

Example... Larger Dinosaur charatcer reduced to very small size ( a baby dinosaur)

I was think I might export out as OBJ file and then reimport as OBJ file and the character could be worked with from there.

Not sure of quite what to do... could use a few suggestions.

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

First set up whatever subject you want to export in Studio, just the way you want it to appear, then you can select "Export" from the "File" menue. Type a file name, and choose "Wavefront object" as the type. In the next screen ("OBJ Export Options") make sure to change "Original Maps" to "Collect All Maps". And your'e done.

Unless some of the maps don't get transferred, but all you need to do then is apply the texture/s again, as usual, or using the "Surfaces" pane in Studio.

I haven't used Iclone, but this should work okay. Good luck.

ps: the export screen should show as selected:- "Ignore invisible nodes", "Write UV co-ordinates", "Write normals", "Write object statements", "Write groups", "Use node name/s", "Write surfaces", "Write material library". and you change "Original maps" to "Collect Maps"

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

is this for DS or outside of it? In DS you can select the figure then go EDIT - FIGURE - RIGGING - CONVERT FIGURE TO A PROP

• lenwilderlenwilder Posts: 188
    edited July 2017

is this for DS or outside of it? In DS you can select the figure then go EDIT - FIGURE - RIGGING - CONVERT FIGURE TO A PROP

I found this in some google searches, but I could not get any part of it going.  It doesn't appear to exist.  Maybe,  I need to change my GUI or something.

I will be using these modified characters in IClone. 

Post edited by lenwilder on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

See my post above, if you want to include clothing/accessories/etc in the prop. This is what I use when I want a "crowd" of fully dressed characters and billboards won't do. Sometimes one or two materials don't get included, but easily fixed by applying materials again.

This way, I can have three to five "prop" characters instead of one rigged character. The hardest part is outfitting the target character in the first place.