Lines on the skin in renders... Again...

Hello!

I've been having trouble with strange  lines in the skin. I've researched about  such problem and I found that the Group ID numbers had to be the same in each body part... I still don't understand which number it has to be, a random pick? All the Group ID numbers in the character are the same check... The problem is still there... I played around with the shading rate and shading scale, lowering it, but I've gone as low as 0.10 and the line still seem visible in the legs... I'm having this problem with the same two characters... I played around with the lights but still the lines can be seen... The funny thing is when the camera is far away, the lines seem clearly visible, but in a close up the lines disappear...

The third character from the stairs down has lines all over the body, especially on the legs, and the last character also has some lines on the legs, those I made disapear as most as I could lowering the shading rate... The third character is the one that I can't figure out!

Any information 'bout this will be highly appreciated... Wouldn't know what to do with out this forum... Thanx guys :)

problem1.jpg
1111 x 625 - 474K

Comments

• adoniogtsadoniogts Posts: 98

Here are the surface settings... Many <?>... Dunno why...

SETTINGS.jpg
    1435 x 1045 - 596K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited July 2017

I suppose you use AoA subsurface shader.  I can not check individual setting (and do not know which mat preset you used, applied texture much current UV set or not,,)

then I  can not offer usable solution,But just suspect you can try "render setting tab> shading rate"  more low value eg 0.1 etc.  (it is important, as same as SSS shading rate,,and SSS scale)

and I thin when you gather surface group to check setting,,  which need to use same SSS setting, you may better not include eye part skin. without it, you can not check, your setting is correct or not.  because eyes surface use different setting (sometimes not use AoA shader).  you may only need apply SSS with same setting about skin group (torso body, legs, arms, head, ear,, lips inner mouth,(teeth nail)

And,,,  if you have not read official document which offered from AoA, you better carefully read it.because actually AoA shader is difficult untill clear understand each SSS property how work,,,  without reading it, . your problem may solved, when you read them.  

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16324/start

you can download manuall PDF from the link, (though I think it had been offered with puckage before,,)

Then I usually try not attach link of product which need to buy, but,, it is  official video tutoriall,  from vendor of this shader. then you can understand more, how AoA shader work clearly,, (though I can not confirm it solve your problem^^;)

https://www.daz3d.com/subsurface-shader-basics

(edit miss link)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on